9-5 Challenge...Week 2 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Hurray for water! I had a Coke too, but got my 8 glasses of water in. Today was also my first day of no fast food (officially). I'm trying to cut back to once a week...but if I can go longer that would be great!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Week 1:
    Lost 1.5 pounds!
    Not as much as I'd hoped, but hey, it's still in the loss category!
    Onward, ho!!!
  • DoctorWhoFan
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm at summer school and so it will be hard for me to log and weigh in for the next two or so weeks. But I will still be active in the challenge. I will try my best to weigh in today though.

Good luck!
    DWF
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    That's me...just let me know what I need to do. Start weight last Sunday was 334.6 and weigh-in this morning was 333.6. Feels great to actually be down one pound after a week's vacation in cities known for food.

Where were you on vacation????

New York and DC...there's always great places to eat around, especially since I spent a lot of time downtown in both cities.
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    Okay, here are the results from Week 1 (in terms of percentage of body weight lost):

:heart: DoctorWhoFan 3.65%:heart:
    scooterboy2003 2.99%
    lovelyfacex3 2.57%
    szczepj 2%
    jagrib0112 1.89%
    arkenny 1.73%
    jbiancad 1.66%
    vanzandtsusan 1.22%
    AriannaInIdaho 1.16%
    martinah4 0.69%
    PianoRaven 0.67%
    lmontelongo1 0.62%
    imarunner8908 0.46%
    k2quiere 0.29%
    gmhvin 0.28%
    Julijulz +1.04%
    tjandjmkahrs +1.26%
    punkinejz NO WEIGHT

That's awesome! Congrats to DoctorWhoFan, our weekly winner!
    We lost a total of 43.4 lbs!! Keep at it!! :bigsmile:
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Congrats to DoctorWhoFan. You rock!:laugh:
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    That's me...just let me know what I need to do. Start weight last Sunday was 334.6 and weigh-in this morning was 333.6. Feels great to actually be down one pound after a week's vacation in cities known for food.

Welcome. Please post often so we can get to know you.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Wow, when you look at the total weight loss together it's amazing! 43 pounds. Wow! We rock! Keep it up everyone :)
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Wow, when you look at the total weight loss together it's amazing! 43 pounds. Wow! We rock! Keep it up everyone :)

I like the encouragement we give everyone. There is NO REASON we can't ALL meet our challenge goal!
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    It's Wednesday; how is everyone doing?

Question of the Day: Tell us about your exercise routine (what, when, where, how often, etc.). Have you found any tips to stay motivated?
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    I have cut my portions in half since I started on July 11. I walk outside with my wife when it is not too hot. I ride my bicycle 8.5 miles per day in hilly terrain.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Lost 22.8 pounds since July 11. Now I am about halfway to my goal. Woo Hoo! 25 pounds will be a milestone. I'm thinking cake! Have not eaten ice cream, cake, or cookies since I started.
  • szczepj
    Options
    It's Wednesday; how is everyone doing?

Question of the Day: Tell us about your exercise routine (what, when, where, how often, etc.). Have you found any tips to stay motivated?

I exercise 5 days a week at the rec (as of now) doing a variety of strength training, and cardio machines. My motivation: the mirror and success stories.
  • MandaLee8908
    Options
    I don't have a routine. I've been on a "leisurely walking" only restriction for a few months and in physical therapy as well. Don't get me wrong, walking is exercise...but it doesn't feel like it to me as I was a runner before being restricted. Anyway, the most I do is a short walk and lots of stretching (hence the therapy). Hoping to get a reprieve today from my doctor so I can lift weights or at least do push ups, crunches, ect...
  • tjandjmkahrs
    tjandjmkahrs Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 4 glasses of water a day, up from 1 or 2. By the end of the week I should be up to 8. I made a rule for myself, nothing but water at work, that should help!

As for my exercise plan it is not super set. I do EA Sports 1 to 2 times a week, I visit the rec center 2 to 4 times a week, and depending on the weather the kids and I walk for an hour or more in the neighborhood. I also just burrowed the 30 Day Shred from the library. It just really depends on the week. :happy:
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Dr. Who Fan! Keep it up! I'm really trying to keep my water over 8 glasses a day! I feel like all I'm doing is sucking on my water bottle! And visiting the restroom...!
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    Great job on the water, ladies! Let's keep it up!

Today's QOTD: What do you like to do while exercising to keep your mind preoccupied (listen to music, watch TV, people-watch at the gym, etc)?

Personally, it depends on the exercise for me. I love music and great songs really keep me motivated while I am running. On alternate days, I use my elliptical at home and I like to read while doing that. With 3 young kids, sometimes that's the only chance I have to read!
  • MandaLee8908
    Options
    I usually pop in the ear buds and listen to my favorite songs...some of which I'm too embarrassed to listen to out loud. :tongue:
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Haha...people watching is fun, but I am now a heart rate monitor watcher. I'm constantly looking at my watch to check my heart rate and to make sure I'm within my range. I'm also usually wearing my mp3 player or watching the tv at the gym. :)
  • szczepj
    Options
    Music, and there's a couple TV's where all the cardio machines are. I usually watch and 'read' what's going on.