Which fitbit do you recommend I get?

Options
I really want to get a fit bit but don't know which one is the best one.Helppoo pleaseeee

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    What kind of activities do you want to track? What is your budget?
  • bruinsgirl3319
    bruinsgirl3319 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just got the Alta HR a few weeks ago thanks to my original Flex finally crapping out on me with a bad battery. I like the Alta HR a lot, although you'll need to manually log any weight training in MFP since the Fitbit app doesn't (for whatever reason). It's pretty good at tracking your workouts and keeps an eye on your heart rate plus monitors sleep patterns, to name a couple. I'm one of those people who every now and then needs a reminder I have yet to hit at least 250 steps per hour, and the Alta reminds you. I can get texts and phone calls on it too (but can't respond to the former).
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge 2!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    fitbit one
  • Kabir7172
    Kabir7172 Posts: 0 Member
    Options
    Fitbit blaze is the one I have and it is amazing has. A Range of workouts to follow and tracks everything. Lasts me 4 days before I need to charge the battery

• ClovisMan
    ClovisMan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You might be dead set on a Fitbit, but if you want the ability to log more than a few activities, you might look at the Garmin Vivoactive HR.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I just got a Fitbit Alta and am happy with it. It does not have the Heart Rate as the Alta HR does but I did not need that feature.
  • princillaawuah
    princillaawuah Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom I work out at the gym so I would need it to count calories which is my first important reason and 2nd would be steps and if it can track my bmi that would also be great as well
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It depends on what features you want. I just upgraded from the Charge to the Charge 2 (wanted to be able to switch out bands, and I like the text alert feature). The Alta is a slight step down, doesn't track floors, but does everything else. The Flex it a bit below the Alta (no screen or heart rate) but is water"proof" and the slimmest wrist tracker. The Blaze and Surge are a step up, with GPS functions too (good if you are an outdoor exerciser) but are also bigger. I'm SO SAD Fitbit discontinued the One, as so many people liked it because it was not worn on the wrist and wasn't visible all the time (I still wear my One, even though I have had the Charge for a while ... I do feel the One is more accurate. Some people say the wrist ones pick up extra/arm movements, but I find they miss quite a bit. It's a common complaint when pushing a stroller or shopping cart, but I compare the two devices to a simple treadmill walk and the One is much closer to the treadmill readout). The Zip is the least expensive and most basic.
  • jel12c
    jel12c Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend a model with HR - the Charge HR 2 or the Alta HR depending on your preference and budget. You are able to start workouts directly from your device and the heart rate ensures accuracy of what you personally burn rather than the educated guess the device would make otherwise based on your personal information (gender, age, weight, height, etc.) Just note that this device is not waterpoof - so if you are a swimmer, I'd advise looking at a different model.

If you're not one for gym memberships or shelling out money for fitness classes, I'd also recommend purchasing the full fitbit coach app. It will give you personalized workouts based on your current fitness level and how much time you have daily to devote to it.

Good luck!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    fitbit one

I, too, love the One but it's no longer made.