Looking for twins/buddies to check in with daily.

Hey looking for some ladies with similar goals to check in with daily.

Serial starter looking to commit. 37 year old mom. 5’5” and 220ish. Want to lose 30-40lbs but short term goal of 20lbs in 6 months. Dislike sweating, love food, terrible at sticking to programs.

Replies

• Andrilla87
    Andrilla87 Posts: 14 Member
    I might not be a twin, but I'm pretty close!
    I'm 30yo, not a mom, 5ft 7, 197lbs looking to lose 40 to 50lbs. My short term goal is to accurately track for a full month with NO exceptions. I haven't had the best luck with sticking to this program, so I'm also looking for a check in buddy to help keep me on track.
  • simplyluvNY
    simplyluvNY Posts: 28 Member
    Me too. I want friends to chat up daily. Let’s be friends
  • DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    I don't have the exact stats but I'm close I guess. I'm 5'2-5'3, right now I weigh 224lbs but I started at 251 back in August. My UGW is around 125lbs but i honestly don't see myself being okay there. I'll probably maintain at 155.

I'm a little bit of a serial starter. I tend to lose a fair bit and keep it off for some time then BAM something happens and my life falls apart and I'm back to square 1. This time, I plan to stay active with weighing and logging, so when the weight creeps up, I can monitor my food closely.

• alex1080
    alex1080 Posts: 5 Member
    I am in the same boat. Busy mom of 2 kids under 3. Working part time. 170 cm long & about 230 lbs. me too I consider myself as a serial starter. I just opened mfp right now to try to find a friend who can help me with motivation on a daily basis. And I was hoping to find a mom as well who would understand the daily struggles I face every single day with kids. My biggest problems are mindless snacking & my addiction to chocolate & sweets in general.
  • 200forReal2017
    200forReal2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Add me as a friend. Trying to stay consistent and a little motivation would help at least I hope so
  • alex1080
    alex1080 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. Busy mom of 2 kids under 3. Working part time. 170 cm long & about 230 lbs. me too I consider myself as a serial starter. I just opened mfp right now to try to find a friend who can help me with motivation on a daily basis. And I was hoping to find a mom as well who would understand the daily struggles I face every single day with kids. My biggest problems are mindless snacking & my addiction to chocolate & sweets in general.
    If any lady is interested to be friends with me as well please add me. I need someone to chat with daily.
  • slimfast108
    slimfast108 Posts: 29 Member
    You sound like my soul sister :). I am a starter every Monday and by Tuesday evening unintentionally I give up. Would love to have a close buddy to hep each other and slowly work towards a common goal of healthy weight loss.

I am 5’5” , 170 lbs and looking to drop off whatever I can and whatever I can keep off. Small term goal is 2.5lbs in 10 days. I love to eat and I eat without even realising that I am eating. I eat even after having a full meal. I like my fizzy drinks as well... :) no wonder I am where I am :)
    I have been trying to loose weight for over 10 years now. I read a lot of what to do and what not so I can talk like a pro on the subject of weight loss but unfortunately nothing is achieved:)

Add me as a friend if I sound like a partner worth having this journey with.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    I highly recommend that you reach out to @cherchezlafemme13 She was instrumental in my weight loss journey. She'll be very helpful.
  • alex1080
    I highly recommend that you reach out to @cherchezlafemme13 She was instrumental in my weight loss journey. She'll be very helpful.
    Can you elaborate more on how she did that ?
  • Add me! I can relate to everything you said!