Healthiest alcoholic drink?

Options
I know no alcoholic drink is healthy but I'm going on a night out tonight and wondering what is the best thing to drink?
I don't drink beer or alcopops, usually spirits

Can anyone help? :)

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My tipple is Gin & Slimline tonic. Ahhh lovely...and only 56 calories!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    gin / vodka and low cal tonic, thats always a winner.

anything without a cordial in it and nothing with yeast :o)
  • lolkt
    lolkt Posts: 2
    Options
    instead of getting it in fancy drnk form just take some shots? hahahahaha
  • Marietard
    Options
    coke zero (no calories) and whiskey :)
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I actually heard a rumor that red wine IS healthy.
    I don't know if there is any truth to that though.
  • kpwb
    kpwb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Vodka & soda with a twist of lime is good and refreshing too.
  • devineh123
    Options
    thanks for the help guys :)
    i don't like gin :( but i do like whiskey!
    what about vodka?
    and i definitely will be taking shots! haha
    xx
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Gotta vote for red wine - has lots of healthy things going for it. :-)
  • kiuney
    kiuney Posts: 68
    Options
    I can't do artificial sweeteners so diet sodas are out for me but here's my current recipe:

seltzer + spirit + splash of juice.

My current favorite is Perrier, blueberry vodka, and a splash of Newman's Own Lemonade. Delish!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Wine has far too many calories you can only have one small glass really. I was a wino but have switched to gin and slimline, any spirit with diet drink is going to be the best calorie wise.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    The rocks, straight up.
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Vodka & soda with a twist of lime is good and refreshing too.

This works for me.
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Oh you have no idea how much research I put into this one day!! Sad really.

But here is a few stuff I found.
    -If you like wine, only about 110 in cals for a proper serving (those big glasses at the restaurants are way more than a serving)
    -Any light beer. MGD 64 and PBR rated amongst the top
    - vodka and soda water. Try a flavored vodka to add some taste and make it FEEL like a mixed drink
    - vodka and light/diet cranberry if the place as it.
    -Or, as one trainer once told me…..whatever you like with a nice BIG glass of water between each one.

Happy drinking..!!?? yes..no….is that bad?
  • jaq1967
    jaq1967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any white spirits (measured - Gin, Vodka or rum) and diet fizzy stuff.
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    former bartender here:

Not sure on the calorie content- but BLUE Raspberry Vodka (UV brand) with a light lemonde tastes like the red/white/blue bomb pops that we all used to get from the ice cream man as a kid. it's a refreshing summer drink!

fill glass with ice: 1 or 2 oz of vodka, fill the rest of the glass with lemonade- enjoy!

Also- VANILLA vodka with light cranberry juice tastes like CHEESECAKE!

fill glass with ice: 1 or 2 oz vanilla vodka, fill the rest of the glass with cranberry juice.

Pouring the alcohol over the ice melts the ice just a bit and dilutes the drink just a tad- but it's the way most bartenders do it- and you don't notice it.
  • redtalent
    redtalent Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Any clear alcohol is going to have the least calories. I usually stick to vodka! My blueberry vodka + lemonade is only around 90 cals!
  • gemma247
    gemma247 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    if i go out i drink vodka and soda with lime or lemonade :)
    not too many calories i dont think hehe xx
  • amanda07425
    amanda07425 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    former bartender here:

Not sure on the calorie content- but BLUE Raspberry Vodka (UV brand) with a light lemonde tastes like the red/white/blue bomb pops that we all used to get from the ice cream man as a kid. it's a refreshing summer drink!

fill glass with ice: 1 or 2 oz of vodka, fill the rest of the glass with lemonade- enjoy!

Also- VANILLA vodka with light cranberry juice tastes like CHEESECAKE!

fill glass with ice: 1 or 2 oz vanilla vodka, fill the rest of the glass with cranberry juice.

Pouring the alcohol over the ice melts the ice just a bit and dilutes the drink just a tad- but it's the way most bartenders do it- and you don't notice it.

Does that really tastle like cheesecake?! Sounds delish!!
  • Dave351
    Dave351 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Does anyone realize that alcohol totally inhibits/blocks the body's ability to burn fat? This effect can last up to 48 hours from the last drink taken. So, it doesn't matter how many calories are in that Mic Ultra. There have been medical studies that show benifits to drinking certain types of alcohol, BUT, the bottom line is that if you're drinking you're not burning up the fat cells-you're protecting them. And that isn't just the calories from the alcohol. It includes any foods eatin during this timeframe. Any excess carbs naturally get turned to fat by the body then the presence of alcohol forces the body to protect those fat cells.
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I loooove vodka on the rocks. You drink less because it's stronger but it's low-cal. I'm also obsessed with Skinnygirl Margarita!