Healthiest alcoholic drink?

Options
2»

Replies

• liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Does anyone realize that alcohol totally inhibits/blocks the body's ability to burn fat? This effect can last up to 48 hours from the last drink taken. So, it doesn't matter how many calories are in that Mic Ultra. There have been medical studies that show benifits to drinking certain types of alcohol, BUT, the bottom line is that if you're drinking you're not burning up the fat cells-you're protecting them. And that isn't just the calories from the alcohol. It includes any foods eatin during this timeframe. Any excess carbs naturally get turned to fat by the body then the presence of alcohol forces the body to protect those fat cells.

Sure, but you still have to live once in a while!
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I drink flavored Vodka and Club soda (berry by three olives is my favorite) it's about 70-100 calories depending on how much liqour is in it
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    I'm not sure what the absolute healthiest is; however, I did read an article that suggested (I think this was it) gin & seltzer instead of a margarita. It saves bookoo calories.

Hope you find something tasty that suits you. Me? Just every ONCE in a WHILE I have a Bud Light Lime. That's it.

*smiles*

Jean
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    former bartender here:

Not sure on the calorie content- but BLUE Raspberry Vodka (UV brand) with a light lemonde tastes like the red/white/blue bomb pops that we all used to get from the ice cream man as a kid. it's a refreshing summer drink!

fill glass with ice: 1 or 2 oz of vodka, fill the rest of the glass with lemonade- enjoy!

Also- VANILLA vodka with light cranberry juice tastes like CHEESECAKE!

fill glass with ice: 1 or 2 oz vanilla vodka, fill the rest of the glass with cranberry juice.

Pouring the alcohol over the ice melts the ice just a bit and dilutes the drink just a tad- but it's the way most bartenders do it- and you don't notice it.

Does that really tastle like cheesecake?! Sounds delish!!

Yes- I have found though that some of the vanilla vodkas have a bit different flavor... So- Smirnoff and Stoli are going to get you closest to a cheesecake flavor... Absolut Vanilla tastes different to me. Vanilla vodka and root beer tastes like a root beer float. Argh! but not good on the calories! LOL
  • Dave351
    Dave351 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Does anyone realize that alcohol totally inhibits/blocks the body's ability to burn fat? This effect can last up to 48 hours from the last drink taken. So, it doesn't matter how many calories are in that Mic Ultra. There have been medical studies that show benifits to drinking certain types of alcohol, BUT, the bottom line is that if you're drinking you're not burning up the fat cells-you're protecting them. And that isn't just the calories from the alcohol. It includes any foods eatin during this timeframe. Any excess carbs naturally get turned to fat by the body then the presence of alcohol forces the body to protect those fat cells.

Hahaha! So true! I'm not adverse to a good bender! Lord knows I've stumbled down many a street worldwide! But "healthiest" and "alcohol" don't work together:)

OK, my vote is 2 shots of grain alcohol. You'll get your buzz on quicker, with less!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Guinness is oddly full of vitamins & minerals...

But will also go straight to your *kitten*, I'm guessing.

I drink Miller 64. All it does is make you pee and you never get buzzed. It's horrible.
  • dwardkaiser
    Options
    Vodka and MiO ( the Strawberry Watermelon Flavor).
    OR Crystal Light and Vodka.

I prefer MiO though since there are no CALORIES.

Is it SHOT- THIRTY yet???
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    SHOT THIRTY!!!!!!
  • mcanals123
    Options
    bump
  • rschuurman
    Options
    I've had wine twice this week and still lost 4.7 lb so it's not too bad :) I just make sure I've exercised heaps that day and don't have over 1-1/2 glasses. I googled it and lowest calories was either a spirit with a diet coke / lemonade or else a chardonnay or similar white wine. I normally like red and it does have anti-oxidants which white doesn't, but white is lower in calories and you can always get anti-oxidants from green tea. I was totally googling this yesterday to find out before I went out too!
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I drink 151 mixed with coke zero. One of those is 144 calories and a heck of a buzz.

Check out this site - http://www.getdrunknotfat.com/
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    They now make a light vodka... 65 cals a shot.. its a bit less alcohol content but thats not such a bad thing
    they also make zero cal margarita mix ( I think the one I bought was by jose quervo) so the cals is only in the tequilla!
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    red wine is full of antioxidents and good for you
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Spirits and diet mixers.

Rum & Diet Coke is only 50 cals (I had about 6 of them last week not bad for 300 calories I just saved up all my snacks for my night out!)
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options

Hahaha! So true! I'm not adverse to a good bender! Lord knows I've stumbled down many a street worldwide! But "healthiest" and "alcohol" don't work together:)

OK, my vote is 2 shots of grain alcohol. You'll get your buzz on quicker, with less!

No, healthy and alcohol don't really go together. BUT, if I'm going to drink, there is no harm in trying to drink the lesser of 2 evils, right? I could have one 600 calorie margarhita(OMGosh, I want one!) and call it a night. Or I could have something much lighter and either save myself 400 cals or have a few more drinks! Either way, its not one 600 cal drink!

My hubby laughed at me when I told him I wanted to try V-8 VFusion with vodka, healthy and fun! Why is that funny? lol
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Bacardi ad diet coke or vodka and diet 7up or diet sprite