Vegetarian recipes needed!

Options
Does anyone have any easy, low carb, high protein vegetarian recipes? Trying to lose weight has been near impossible for me lately, desperate to try anything!
Thanks!

Replies

• vaidehib
    vaidehib Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • rabia56
    rabia56 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Curried lentils on smashed sweet potatoes, yummm. You can do the same with dried red or black beans also.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you are desperate and open for anything, you are going to like this:

Losing weight is simple, all you have to do is one thing, but you have to do it, not just try:
    Consistently eating less than you burn.
    MFP tells you how many calories you need to eat to lose weight healthily. Your food diary is a power tool if you use it correctly. It's useless if you don't use it right.

If you're a vegetarian, your food will be high carb, moderate protein by default.
    Making things more difficult than necessary will not make it easier to succeed, it will make it harder.

You will lose more slowly as you lose weight. But as long as you have excess fat on your body, it will come off. Just be accurate, honest and patient.

What is easy, depends on your skills and preferences. You can use any recipe you want. But just cooking, without any specific recipes, is often the easiest.
  • urracan
    urracan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, have you tried Quorn or Seitan. What I like from Seitan that has a lot of protein and I can make anything where in the past used chicken. Sautée with mushroom, rice and broccoli. As a curry based dish too is very good or sweet and sour chinese style. Beware this is wheat based, so if you a coeliac does not work for you. Can user Paneer as well. Overall try to change the sauce and spices of your recipees, go indian, chinese, ginger-thai, lemongrass, taco mix and you will have a full new food flavor everyday. This is what I do at home and works fine. No complaints from hubby. :smile:
  • karacasale5
    karacasale5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    rabia56 wrote: »
    Curried lentils on smashed sweet potatoes, yummm. You can do the same with dried red or black beans also.
    urracan wrote: »
    Hi, have you tried Quorn or Seitan. What I like from Seitan that has a lot of protein and I can make anything where in the past used chicken. Sautée with mushroom, rice and broccoli. As a curry based dish too is very good or sweet and sour chinese style. Beware this is wheat based, so if you a coeliac does not work for you. Can user Paneer as well. Overall try to change the sauce and spices of your recipees, go indian, chinese, ginger-thai, lemongrass, taco mix and you will have a full new food flavor everyday. This is what I do at home and works fine. No complaints from hubby. :smile:

Thanks everyone , I didn’t realize MFP had a section or recipes too!