Do You Knit, Crochet, Sew, Craft....

Options
.... to keep your mind off of food? I DEFINITELY do!
This month I have said I am not going to have a cheat day. So, I have been knitting, crocheting, playing video games with my son (Doritos Crash Course is so much fun) and on MFP and ohas other health and cooking sites. It has been working :) Today I will throw in some additional miles with Leslie Sansone and burn some extra calories while staying out of the kitchen.

Replies

• bubbyp
    bubbyp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I cross stitch! Totally keeps my mind off eating!

Just to clarify I don't do it to keep my mind off food but it does!
    I actually LOVE cross-stitching! x
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    I don't do it to keep my mind off food, but I certainly should. My Nana taught me to crotchet as a young child and I still do. I just don't do it as often as I probably should. I have about two blankets I'm making and neither of them is close to being done. LMHO!

*smiles*

Jean
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I knit but not to keep my mind off of food more because I LOVE to knit :)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    yay crafts!!!
  • DakotaCowboyMom
    Options
    I crochet edges on flannel to make baby receiving blankets for that reason!!
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I knit, I definitely avoid snacks that would leave a residue on my hands for at least an hour before I plan on picking it up for the day :)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i knit but not to keep my mind off food. i knit on the bus to and from work every day.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I knit and crochet but more so in the winter months. I have to be outside and enjoy the sunshine this time of year.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    i crochet AND do leslie sansone! I suck at crocheting. i need to get a how to dvd, i make scarfs and blankets but i can only do a basic stitch.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I make friendship bracelets, sometimes specifically to keep me busy and out of the fridge!
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ive always been a crafty kinda girl, I regularly swap between my 3 main crafty hobbies of Cross Stitching Knitting and Drawing. I am currently knitting one of Jane Greenhowe's KNitted Clowns series, then i have my eye on a nice lace stitched jumper in alpaca wool.

I have a stash of Heaven & Earth Cross Stitch PDF's which are gorgeous and can take months or years to finish too... I flit betwenn my crafts regularly and I originally started doing them to take my mind off my srthritis pain, but once you get engrossed you forget about food grumbles too!!
  • dstrbdangel
    Options
    I sew,not to keep my mind off food but1.because I love to 2.because I have to lol I am a seamstress trying to start up my own sewing business.I have 13 costumes Im working on for the local dance studio :) i dont eat much when im sewing however my mum always had a cup of tea or a latte with her when she sewed so the latte is def my downfall :(
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    i crochet AND do leslie sansone! I suck at crocheting. i need to get a how to dvd, i make scarfs and blankets but i can only do a basic stitch.

YOUTUBE it up! Seriously, they have videos on everything knit and crochet
  • bubbyp
    Options
    I make friendship bracelets, sometimes specifically to keep me busy and out of the fridge!

Aw wow - I have never made one of these in ages! I can't even remember how to!
  • ggtischer
    ggtischer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I knit in the evenings while enjoy tv time with my kids. I've found that it keeps me from eating after dinner snacks. On the weekends, it is not uncommon for me to be infront of the sewing machine for 4 to 5 hours; during which I forget to eat as well. The down side is I forget to drink water too.
  • bubbyp
    Options

I have a stash of Heaven & Earth Cross Stitch PDF's which are gorgeous and can take months or years to finish too... I flit betwenn my crafts regularly and I originally started doing them to take my mind off my srthritis pain, but once you get engrossed you forget about food grumbles too!!

Heaven & Earth designs are fab aren't they??
    x
  • theoddmissus
    Options
    I knit and crochet but more so in the winter months. I have to be outside and enjoy the sunshine this time of year.

Me too. I crochet in the winter months.
  • m5johnson
    m5johnson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't do it to keep my mind off food yet either...but sure will utilize this idea come winter!!! The winters up here in MN are long and coooold. Dohn’tcha know ;)

I eat when I'm bored so this will help tremendously. Thanks!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I knit, crochet, sew and other crafts, It take your mind of food and it's relaxing
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't do it to take my mind off of food, but now that you mention it it is a nice side effect!