looking for better tasting protein powder

i'm looking for a no or very low sugar protein powder in a better tasting chocolate (i'm not crazy about quest chocolate milkshake) and also one that tastes as close to marshmallows as possible.

anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• gilfin
    gilfin Posts: 1 Member
    I like Garden of Life coffee flavor. No sugar and 28g of protein. Though I think about drinking protein as drinking medicine: tasteless and necessary.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    thanks. i'm not a big fan of coffee, but my husband is, and he's always looking for a good coffee protein powder, so we'll check it out.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I use Myprotein whey isolate, they have a lot of flavours to choose from. You have to order it online, they cant be beat for quality and price.

I live in Australia, and order from their base in England!
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Kaizen is one that I keep buying.

6c688937ca8c4130b02c49e04c0efaa8.jpg
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like quest and PEScience, but not their chocolate flavors. Quest salted caramel is really good and PEScience Snickerdoodle and peanut butter cookie are both good. You can add cocoa powder to a vanilla or peanut butter shake for a chocolate flavor. Never had one that tastes like marshmallow...
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Isopure Dutch Chocolate is delicious....so delicious that I'm willing to trigger a migraine (artificial sweeteners) to drink it. Isopure Whey Isolate is my usual powder, tho.
  • Bechler77
    Bechler77 Posts: 65 Member
    Optimum Nutrition has several chocolate flavors. They are all really good.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 964 Member
    edited November 2017
    I use Trader Joe's egg white protein powder and add Hershey's special dark chocolate cocoa powder (100% cacao) powder to unsweetened almond milk. Hershey's special dark cocoa powder has 20 calories per tablespoon and no sugar.
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    I’ve been using Gold Standard by Optimum Nutrition for months and it taste great. Low in sugar and calories and high in protein. Plus plenty of flavors to choose from. I get the 5 pound bucket lol. Lasts much longer and more cost effective.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I use Myprotein whey isolate, they have a lot of flavours to choose from. You have to order it online, they cant be beat for quality and price.

I live in Australia, and order from their base in England!

Second My Protein. Great Flavors. The Vanilla tastes pretty close to marshmallows.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    My favorite chocolate so far is Muscle Pharm.
  • EJBarner
    EJBarner Posts: 68 Member
    Another Kaizen fan here, but I think it's more common in Canada than other countries. I like their chocolate just fine and it's great for baking.

Awesome tip about coffee protein powder though. :open_mouth: I never thought of that!!
  • Claudia28
    Claudia28 Posts: 1 Member
    Chocolate Muscle milk in my opinion tastes the best. I've tried several out there. I'm currently taking dymatize iso in chocolate. It's not bad at all and has a tad more gms or protein than muscle milk. But if the protein count was the same, I'd go for muscle milk.
  • Years of ON Gold and I just tried Cellucor, Peanut Butter Marshmallow, it's amazing. Actually mixes better than the ON too, surprisingly.
  • orkla
    orkla Posts: 34 Member
    I like scitec nutritions protein delite.
  • Viking_Batman
    Viking_Batman Posts: 114 Member
    depends which country you are in, in the UK I would suggest PHD diet whey.

but universally, and my favourite.....can never go wrong with Gold Standard
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Yet another vote for Optimum Gold Standard.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    My favorite is MusclePharm Combat, Cookies and cream.
  • natester15
    natester15 Posts: 14 Member
    Always go with 1stPhorm, I'll never take anything different
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    saintor1 wrote: »
    Kaizen is one that I keep buying.

6c688937ca8c4130b02c49e04c0efaa8.jpg

This is mine too, and I'm in Canada.

I don't use it daily, just as a supplement if my protein is a bit under for the day. Costco put it on sale a few times a year so I stock up then.

Mixing it with water or cold coffee works for me, got to admit I am not a protein powder expert though.

Cheers, h.