Are soreen bars / malt loafs that healthy?

Options
124»

Replies

• cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ahb5s957wdu2.jpg

Bought these for the kids packed lunch ❤️
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Not really but most processed food isn't. Dried fruit can be high in cals, don't get sucked into that game. It's all about balance, eat some now and again but not weekly.

Looking at the actual macro/micronutrient content of a food in the context of one's diet is usually a better indicator of the healthfulness than an arbitrary designation of "processed." There are tons of processed foods that can easily be part of a healthy diet and most successful posters here incorporate processed foods into their meals regularly.

Me for example -- today I had protein powder with my breakfast and some nut butter with my lunch. Both processed foods, both really good fits for my needs today.

'Most processed food' and yes where prepackaged exists it is 'usually' going to be full of crap. People need to read labels and realise that whole 'unprocessed' foods are going to be best choice.

Processed things I consumed today:
    Coffee
    Flavored Creamer
    Chobani Maple Greek Yogurt
    Prepackaged Granola
    Homemade Lasagna which included: jarred marinara sauce, no boil noodles, canned crushed tomatoes, cottage cheese, shredded mozerella cheese, ground beef and italian sausage, baby spinach and dried herbs - all processed
    Chobani Flip for a snack

Processed things I will consume this evening:
    Butter Chicken made with a jarred sauce, sauteed chicken, snap peas and carrots, instant rice and packaged naan bread
    Wine

I will be just under calorie goal and pretty on point with macros

How is that day full of crap exactly?

your day sounds amazing I got hungry just reading it!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Actually, they look like something I'd enjoy as a snack -- I like pretty much everything with malt in it. We used to get malt powder to stir into our milk when I was a kid, and I still prefer milkshakes with malt in them. The Soreen products look like they have a decent amount of fiber and protein for a sweet treat but I wouldn't exactly call them meal replacements.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    cronus70 wrote: »
    ahb5s957wdu2.jpg

Bought these for the kids packed lunch ❤️

Ooh call me old fashioned, stuck in my ways etc, but I just can't imagine a chocolate one, or banana come to that. There again I am living a childhood dream in this thread.

Roll on next summer for my trip home to the UK when I can have some daily. B)

Cheers, h.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    but I wouldn't exactly call them meal replacements.

That because they aren't and never have been.

I wasn't saying you or anyone else in the thread was claiming they were meal replacements. But I've seen plenty of people over the years here using all sort of strange things as meal replacements. That was called an "observation" on my part -- lighten up.
  • cronus70
    Options
    8q8elwf8b1u2.jpeg

So this fell into my shopping basket the other day, definitely NOT for the kids
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    That is just cruel @cronus70 :'(
    I'm still searching the stores for a regular loaf of deliciously squidgy energy.

Off to cry in a corner, h.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm still searching the stores for a regular loaf of deliciously squidgy energy.

I had to order from Amazon.
  • middlehaitch
    Options

Hahaha. I live on an island off the West coast of Canada. The malt loaf would probably have a nice green furry coat by the time I got it.

I gave up on Amazon delivery after tracking a parcel in and out the east coast of the USA and Canada for 2 weeks before it wound its way, over a week, through multiple airports to me.

Cheers, h.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Hahaha. I live on an island off the West coast of Canada. The malt loaf would probably have a nice green furry coat by the time I got it.

I gave up on Amazon delivery after tracking a parcel in and out the east coast of the USA and Canada for 2 weeks before it wound its way, over a week, through multiple airports to me.

Cheers, h.

No delivery from Amazon but I bet it has a great view.
  • cronus70
    Options
    Well I tried it and I have to say it tastes awful, I am however willing to commit to a community initiative to get these disgusting festive loaves removed from shop shelves by accepting donations for ‘disposal’