iPhone step counter ???

Options
I recently purchased an iPhone 6 and was excited when I found out it would track my steps. Well over the weekend I knew I wasn’t going to get many steps in because, well I like to relax on the weekend lol. The app suggests that I get 10,000 steps a day and over the weekend I got around 3500. So today I went back to work and wa excited because I thought I would surely get in WAY more steps because I clean houses for a living. Right now I am sorely disappointed because it only says I logged close to 4000?! What the heck?! I seriously walked around for 8 hours!! I looked up the accuracy and it says it’s supposed to be pretty good. So, how come it’s basically the same as if I was sitting for a good bit of the day? I don’t think there are enough hours in the day to get to 10,000! Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I find it's about 1.4km per 1000 steps, so you would have walked about 5.6 km. Putting it like that may help you visualise how far you actually travelled.
    As far as having enough hours in the day, say you need to travel 14km to hit 10,000 and you walk at the average speed of walking which is about 5 kmh, so that's about 2.8 hours walking. On its own it's certainly a time investment but over the course of a day it shouldn't be too difficult for most people I'd imagine.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't pick up less than 6 steps so I can go hours without it registering anything 'cos I'm just to and fro (for 5 hours!) in a small area.
  • kamurray85
    kamurray85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Spiderpug wrote: »
    Mine doesn't pick up less than 6 steps so I can go hours without it registering anything 'cos I'm just to and fro (for 5 hours!) in a small area.

Oh wow that’s crazy!