Getting Married and want to look like a new person

Options
Hi everyone. I am new to the site. My soon to be sister-in-law introduced me to this last night and I decided to try it.
I have been obese since childhood and no matter how many times I have tried to loose the weight I have not been able to. Well I have a new goal. I am getting married in 234 days. I just bought my wedding dress but have 5 months before my first fitting. I can lose 3 dress sizes and still be able to wear my dress (with some alterations). So thats my goal. I travel alot but hopefully I will still be able to track everything I eat. I am accountable now and hopefully this site will help me stay on track. Wish me luck - with this and with planning a wedding.

Replies

• kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Good luck to you and congratulations on your engagement! You will find this site both educational and motivating. Welcome!!
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    eating healthy and working out may have u lose more than 3 dress sizes in that amount of time. I have been doing this for 45 days and have lost 2 pant sizes.
  • tracybarnes1
    tracybarnes1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck!! LOG Everything that touches your lips and you will do great!!!!! But be careful or you will lose more than 3 dress sizes :)!!!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Good luck & feel free to add me as a friend. You can do it!!
  • tracybarnes1
    tracybarnes1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck!! LOG Everything that touches your lips and you will do great!!!!! But be careful or you will lose more than 3 dress sizes :)!!!
  • Georgeous74
    Options
    GOODLUCK!!

Its the best thing i can find to keep me on track!
    Its great to actually exercise to eat!
    You can still eat lots, you just need to move more!!

All the best!
    Georgina
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    obviously eating well and working out is better for you and congrats on making this step. just wanted to give u the heads up u may lose more than you expect.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    good luck ! stick with it

IT WILL WORK !
  • dmjackson25
    Options
    Welcome!!! My wedding is exactly one month from today. I will tell you- the time will FLY by!!! The absolute best thing I have found for losing and maintaining weight is to KEEP TRACK and WATCH the portion sizes! If the "Serving Size" says 16 chips (like my whole grain wheat thins with hummus- yum!!) I count out 16 chips then close the box, so I'm not tempted to eat more. Keeping track of everything in (and out!!) is key- it makes you accountable for what you do, and think twice before you scarf down that whole piece of cake (but still allow yourself a bite!!! No one has fun being deprived!!)
    While I didn't need to lose much, my H2B has been deployed for the last year, which meant that I had some "catch up" to play to get back to where I was.

Good luck, keep track, and most importantly, ENJOY this time being engaged and planning! It will all go by too quickly!!

Much luck,
    Deanna
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Stick with it and you will succeed!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It can be done!! Stick with it, I lost 45 lbs before my wedding in 6 months and I could have lost more but needed to maintain for a month so my dress would fit!! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, it will hopefully be the most amazing day of your life so far!!!
  • ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So you have almost 8 months? I too did this when I got engaged.. This site is SUCH a huge help you start to realize how much food goes into your mouth! Its not going to be easy! But we are all here to help.. If you get food cravings go to MFP and write on here or write to a buddy,. it might help your craving pass. You really need to eat only the required calories they told you to eat and also try and work out even if its just a walk !! You CAN do this remember what its for and lean on us for support!! I really wish you the best!!! I am excited for you!! You will make your goal!! really focus on entering everything you will probably have to start to measure stuff out.. even cream in your coffee :-) after awhile you will be able to free hand it.. I know before what i thought was a tablespoon with my slash of cream was not lol

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Girlie527
    Options
    Deena,
    Congrats on your wedding. I am sure you will look wonderful on your wedding day.
  • heatheramara
    Options
    Good luck! Three dress sizes in 200+ days is TOTALLY doable.
  • Girlie527
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of your support so quickly. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am a great cheerleader!
    I look forward to this journey. I am a pretty healthy eater...by the looks of it I may not be eating enough. Getting active is going to be my challenge but I Think i am up for it.

Again thanks for all the well wishes and support. I look forward to more comments and suggetstions.
  • dannidomer
    dannidomer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagment!! I lost 7 lbs for my wedding. Gained 6 back on my honeymoon and I'm now trying to lose those again!! I agree with what others have said. Track everything you eat and move your body!
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK GIRL! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • KatScarberry
    KatScarberry Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement and for wanting to improve your health!!! I'm new here too & so far I really enjoy this site - feel free to add me if you'd like! Best of luck to you!

Kat