Can't seem to keep down a vitamin.

Options
I hate talking vitamins. They are huge.

I've been getting these equate women's multi vitamin and I can't seem to keep them down. No matter what I eat and drink it with, it makes me so sick that I actually have to vomit some of it - and whatever I've eaten - back up. Anyone else having this issue? Did switching brands help?

Replies

• runninglol
    runninglol Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have you ever considered trying a meal replacement shake that has vitamins in it? I am the same way and can't stomach a huge mutli-vitamin. I am using Nature's Plus brand right now but I've tried Shakeology recently from Beachbody and I felt amazing after a week of drinking it daily.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Try using the One a Day gummie vitamins, they are super easy to take, just chew and swallow.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant the doctor had me take 2 flinstones complete (the one with iron) chewable tablets a day. He said that was equivalent to a prenatal vitamin. You could try something like that to keep down the vitamins. There are all sorts of gummy vitamins now too, but you would have to check what is in them before deciding to try them.
  • Caseyanna
    Options
    I had the SAME problem. Take the One A Day gummies like mentioned above! I haven't had any issues with them.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    gummies!!
  • KatieJoDunlap
    KatieJoDunlap Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem so I chew two childrens gummies!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem so I chew two childrens gummies!
    They make adult gummies, just fyi!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    look into emulsions - one drop on your tongue and done. i don't know if multi-vitamins are done that way but many specific ones can be done this way. i do vitamin d this way.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    They have adult chewy and liquid vitamins.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    For the gummy people, do you feel a difference when you take them? I'm just curious.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and it started when I was pregnant, and never corrected itself. I have to take them right before going to bed. If I stay up too long afterward I'm sick, but that typically happens only every six months or so.
  • CakepopPirate
    CakepopPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem where I would be incredibly ill after taking a multivitamin. My doctor suggested taking two children's multivitamins (chewable, like Flinstones or even Gummy). They are softer on your stomach. They also don't have the coating that some swallow multivitamins have and that could be the culprit. The gummy ones don't taste horrible... ;) Good luck!
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    My daughter has that problem. We tried the chews and the gummies, and she was fine with both of those. She just can't do the vitamin tablets--even though she has no trouble with medication tables. Anyhow, definitely try the chews and/or gummies.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like Rainbow Light "Women's One". They don't give you that back taste and are natural with no fillers or starches, and plant based. A lot of the less expensive supplements are full of things you don't want to be consuming. I haven't tried the gummies, but if you can find an all natural one, maybe that is the way to go. Perhaps make a trip to Whole Foods or another natural food store where you can chose from a good selection.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    As suggested above, gummies or chewables. To prevent nausea, I try to eat something before taking it, and I make sure I drink plenty of fluid w/it (I prefer iced tea myself). Hope that helps!
  • runninglol
    runninglol Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I didn't think of the gummies, thanks guys!
  • mssygayle
    mssygayle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    take it at bedtime
  • dreamer12781
    Options
    my sister and I both has this problem as well as one of my coworkers.

My sister has to take it mid-morning, after a hearty breakfast. Early in the morning is BAD NEWS.

I've started taking gummy vitamins after breakfast and it works pretty well. Just some ideas! I hope it gets better!
  • sarahlong09
    Options
    I cant keep a vitamin down either. I started taking gummies and they didnt make me sick, but I didnt feel like I was getting adeqate nutrition. I got introduced to Herbalife products and they have a vitamin thats made for adults. you take one 3 times a day so they arent as strong at once. You actually absorb more vitamins that way I think. anyways.. they do not make me sick at all! They are great and high quality.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I used to take vitamins. The best for me was Flinstone's chewables. I can't take those horse sized ones - or the ones that are vitapacks. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Lately, I've not taken any vitamins. I have been reading up on how some vitamins can cause cancer to bloom and/or be toxic to your system. My doctor told me that vitamins are more important for those who do not eat right. I am making sure I eat two servings of whole fruits, and 2 large salads w/ alot of healthy toppings on them, and whole grains as much as possible, and a half-cup of beans. Companies have not figured out how to package all the micronutrients found in good foods. Plus, I save about $10 a month.