Quickest ways to burn 500 calories?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Why worry about the quickest way? Find an exercise you enjoy doing and do it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Hey I figured om order to get fitter and remain in calories i have to burn 500 cal a day. What are the quickest ways to do this

Go for a brisk 1-hour bicycle ride.

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hill sprint repeats are ridiculously quick burn if you're an athlete and can do it with little rest in between.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    you can easily burn an extra 500 calories throughout a 24 hour day just by getting up and moving around. Walk more, sit less.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    My way isn't quick as it takes me all day because i do 15-30 minute blocks at a time scattered all through out the day. But walking, plain and simple.

Now i take this number with a grain of salt, but it's 3:30pm here right now, and so far I've done 14,100 steps (9.7kms) and I've had an extra 563 calories imported into mfp from Fitbit. I'm set at sedentary which is why the calorie adjustment is so high.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 368 Member
    Eat less. Takes no time at all.

Not eating burns calories?

No, but eating 500 calories less than you are now does the same work as burning it off -- and is much faster.

I can burn 500 calories in less than an hour. (I have a direct force power meter.)

That's fun, but it's also over and done with a lot faster than being hungry all day.

I don't know what sense of the word "faster" could possibly apply here?

How do u do that?
  • Machka9

No, but eating 500 calories less than you are now does the same work as burning it off -- and is much faster.

I can burn 500 calories in less than an hour. (I have a direct force power meter.)

That's fun, but it's also over and done with a lot faster than being hungry all day.

How do u do that?

Cycling ... as I mentioned earlier.

Do you ride a bicycle?

What do you do for exercise?
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Run a 10k !
  • littlebabekitty
    Machka9 wrote: »

How do u do that?

Cycling ... as I mentioned earlier.

Do you ride a bicycle?

What do you do for exercise?

Yes I have an elliptical and I burn 500 in 1.5 hrs . I was looking for more ideas.
  • Machka9
    You could also climb 83 flights of 20 stairs. Up and down + landings.
  • RunsWithBees
    Jumping rope burns as many calories as running or possibly slightly more. Problem is it’s very difficult to do long enough to get that kind of burn, but if you could, you would burn 500 in about an hour I suppose.
  • littlebabekitty
    Jumping rope burns as many calories as running or possibly slightly more. Problem is it’s very difficult to do long enough to get that kind of burn, but if you could, you would burn 500 in about an hour I suppose.

Yea good idea. I can do 3 sets of 20 minutes throught the day or two sets of 30 min jumprope
  • RunsWithBees

Yea good idea. I can do 3 sets of 20 minutes throught the day or two sets of 30 min jumprope

That’s better than I can do, I’ll stick to running a 10K a few times a week over 5 minutes of jumping rope any day! It’s about finding what works for you. Good luck!
  • purplebobkat
    purplebobkat Posts: 68 Member
    Try for 10000 steps. That should get you 500cals.

Or reduce cals by 250 and walk for an hour.

What would work best for you... More food or more movement?
  • ChAnthony007
    ChAnthony007 Posts: 2 Member
    Fastest way, that i can somewhat keep track of, is using the stair or step master. You burn calories like crazy on that.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    ...Plus eating less but not exercising leaves ur skin saggy and loose. I prefer to exercise and tone as fitness and shape are my goals not just weight...

You’ll want to start strength training too

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    My way isn't quick as it takes me all day because i do 15-30 minute blocks at a time scattered all through out the day. But walking, plain and simple.

Now i take this number with a grain of salt, but it's 3:30pm here right now, and so far I've done 14,100 steps (9.7kms) and I've had an extra 563 calories imported into mfp from Fitbit. I'm set at sedentary which is why the calorie adjustment is so high.

You should use the apps that earn money for steps with all the steps you do lol
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Not knowing anything about you, I'll comment very generally... 500 calories amounts to about 50 minutes of most any cardio exercise done at a difficult/strenuous effort level.

Depending on your size. I'm fairly petite, and I've *never* burnt 500 in an hour.