Well wasn’t that dumb?

Options
It’s the busy season for my job (I work in the conference industry) and a few weeks ago I ran out of my thyroid medicine refills and told myself I didn’t have time for a doctor visit. So I just went without for 10 days. Finally when I was falling asleep on the couch as soon as I got home and feeling like I was swimming through pudding all day to get anything done I realized the magnitude of my mistake! So now I have my medicine and I’m finally feeling more awake but I have been stuck at 157 for almost three weeks. I’m not asking why, I obviously know why I’m just using myself as a cautionary tale for the rest of you! We should never be too busy to take care if ourselves. In good news I’m absolute proof that if your thyroid is under control with medicine losing weight is just as easy as it is for anyone. When my meds are right I lose right at the rate that I plan for.

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I've been there with Crohn's meds. Sometimes it's my fault. Other times are because of major jerks, aka insurance companies. The impact sucks either way.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned! Glad it worked out for you.

I recently found myself in a similar situation and phoning my doctor's nurse was able to get a month's supply phoned in when I made my appointment. Most doctors will tide you over for a week or so on essential medications until you can get in to see them. In some cases the pharmacy can give you three days without anything from a doctor, to let you get it taken care of. Something to remember in the future.
  • purplebobkat
    purplebobkat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My Dr has a tendancy to stop my thyroid meds randomly... So i put in a prescription with my pharmacist pop by a few days later and get told i have to see my Dr to get another script. So i go to the Dr & they won't have an appointment for 3+ weeks!! Then i have to beg them to get me a hold over script. This is a med i will be taking for the rest of my life. I do not take it for fun. I take it to stay conscious!! How can drs do this???!! :s:s

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It’s the busy season for my job (I work in the conference industry) and a few weeks ago I ran out of my thyroid medicine refills and told myself I didn’t have time for a doctor visit. So I just went without for 10 days. Finally when I was falling asleep on the couch as soon as I got home and feeling like I was swimming through pudding all day to get anything done I realized the magnitude of my mistake! So now I have my medicine and I’m finally feeling more awake but I have been stuck at 157 for almost three weeks. I’m not asking why, I obviously know why I’m just using myself as a cautionary tale for the rest of you! We should never be too busy to take care if ourselves. In good news I’m absolute proof that if your thyroid is under control with medicine losing weight is just as easy as it is for anyone. When my meds are right I lose right at the rate that I plan for.

ok. not sure why this is a debate though?
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options

ok. not sure why this is a debate though?

Shouldn’t have been but I couldn’t find the button to switch it :). Though I love a good debate so if you want to get into some politics or something I’m down ;)

• maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My Dr has a tendancy to stop my thyroid meds randomly... So i put in a prescription with my pharmacist pop by a few days later and get told i have to see my Dr to get another script. So i go to the Dr & they won't have an appointment for 3+ weeks!! Then i have to beg them to get me a hold over script. This is a med i will be taking for the rest of my life. I do not take it for fun. I take it to stay conscious!! How can drs do this???!! :s:s

That is ridiculous! I might be looking for a new doctor!

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    My doc gave me the wrong prescription for 2 months and I felt awful and got awful cramps the whole time. I went back and complained and she basically just said 'whoopsie lol'

ETA: she is no longer with that hospital lol * W H O O P S I E *