Stalling

Options
Over the past year I have lost 140 pounds and have went from a size 26 to a 12. It has been a long process but I am determined to succeed. Over the past month my weight loss has seemed to come to a stand still. I haven’t changed my diet or routine. Any tips to help jump start my weight loss again?

Replies

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Well for one I am no licensed pro, but thinking with my common sense. If you have been doing the same thing with both your eating and exercise, you may have come to a point where something has to be changed up to proceed.

I have had these same thoughts myself. I am slowly losing weight and I know I could be eating a bit cleaner in some areas. I have kind of hit a small wall with weight loss and i am thinking I need to make those changes to get myself back to going down with the weight.

My biggest sin is not completely cutting out the sugar. It is my struggle, but I am much better then what i have been in the past. mentally i am telling myself Dec. 1st is the start of cleaner eating for me. Weird I bet. At least I know I have one more thing to help me.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. :) Increase exercise. Find a progressive weight lifting routine.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    If you haven't taken a diet break lately consider doing so.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you haven't taken a diet break lately consider doing so.

Yep, good idea. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks

Then after you return to counting calories, make sure your logging is as accurate as possible.
  • sannklinger
    sannklinger Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It scares me to stop counting my calories. The pounds have a way of creeping up on me
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It scares me to stop counting my calories. The pounds have a way of creeping up on me

You can continue to count, just switch your goal to maintenance for 1-2 weeks
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

You can continue to count, just switch your goal to maintenance for 1-2 weeks

Exactly. A diet break doesn't mean reverting back to past behaviors. It means eating at maintenance, or thereabouts, for a week or more. Some people can do that without logging but many (me!) log it. I encourage you to try it. It is good practice for your maintenance phase.