Company gift baskets

Options
I'm in the process of creating our client gift baskets for xmas. I've purchased all the baskets second hand, and all of the treats and gifts were ordered from local makers on etsy. I just need an idea for a useful, non disposable packing and filling material. Any ideas?

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Re-sealable Sandwich Bags: Wash and reuse re-sealable bags filled with air to provide cushioning in packages that aren't quite full.

Yarn.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Cute Christmas kitchen towel/oven mitts?
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Re-sealable Sandwich Bags: Wash and reuse re-sealable bags filled with air to provide cushioning in packages that aren't quite full.

Yarn.

Trying to stay away from plastic and things that will be thrown in the garbage.

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Yarn.

Shredded cheese is a great packaging material and as a bonus can be used as a topping for tacos afterwards.
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    After almost 8 years on MFP, you'd think I'd know better than to ask for advice. :p
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Shredded paper- it's recyclable or compostable. Or I also like the Christmas towels idea.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Real popcorn, but it might not make the basket smell to good but better than cheese mentioned upthread. lol

Acorns, pine cones, maybe throw in some shelled nuts (walnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts etc...) to use as a filler as well. And the towels/mit idea too.

Basket liners would prevent anything falling through and just fill up the basket tightly.. maybe throw in something misc from the dollar store that might be festive.. this is all I got.. :smile:

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Real popcorn, but it might not make the basket smell to good but better than cheese mentioned upthread. lol

Acorns, pine cones, maybe throw in some shelled nuts (walnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts etc...) to use as a filler as well. And the towels/mit idea too.

Basket liners would prevent anything falling through and just fill up the basket tightly.. maybe throw in something misc from the dollar store that might be festive.. this is all I got.. :smile:

I like the shelled nut idea and pinecones. If it is not food items, maybe potpourri.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Go ahead and put popcorn on your tacos and tell me that it's better than shredded cheese.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    What are the other items in the baskets? Are they food or food related? If so, as fillers you could use small paper bags and make large batches of powdered items, such as spice mixes, soups, cocoa mixes, etc.

I always have random sizes and shapes of leftover wrapping paper so you could use that as wrapping and fillers.

Recyclebank.com has lots of great ideas for this type of thing and also offers crafting ideas.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Yarn.

why?

..... that's what garbage is for, right?

I've received gift baskets before and that's typically where the whole unopened thing usually ends up anyway.
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Yarn.

why?

I've received gift baskets before and that's typically where the whole unopened thing usually ends up anyway.

I guess no one has ever been rad enough to carefully select hand made, local products made from booze and bacon.
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    What are the other items in the baskets? Are they food or food related? If so, as fillers you could use small paper bags and make large batches of powdered items, such as spice mixes, soups, cocoa mixes, etc.

I always have random sizes and shapes of leftover wrapping paper so you could use that as wrapping and fillers.

Recyclebank.com has lots of great ideas for this type of thing and also offers crafting ideas.

The gifts are mostly catered to men who work construction type jobs. I was think of buying gloves and hats in bulk.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Yarn.

why?

I guess no one has ever been rad enough to carefully select hand made, local products made from booze and bacon.

... and that should be a lesson to all in charge of gift baskets, right?

Now is you time. Time to shine!

best of luck..... and Merry Christmas.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

The gifts are mostly catered to men who work construction type jobs. I was think of buying gloves and hats in bulk.

Oh, then use nuts and bolts as packing material.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Why not use a hard hat as the basket? Wood wool is my go-to packaging filler
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Men who work construction type jobs? They don't want plastic free eco baskets with environmentally friendly shredded cheese and pine cones. They want cash. Give them a Christmas bonus for Christmas' sake.

Cool your jets. We can't give clients cash bonuses.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Bandanas, beanies, rolls of duct tape, baseball cap, rope or heavy twine, scarf, shop towels, T-shirt, teddy bear (to be regifted to a kiddo), one of those mitts to wash or polish your car with, athletic towel, lottery scratchers, or you could repurpose shredded newspaper or old maps.
  • TimbitTosser
    TimbitTosser Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Timbits