Binging

How to stop I want to be skinny but my eating habits are oc I just need to be full all the time but I don’t knkw how

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    Sadly you might have to be used to being hungry if you are binging and used to eating a lot. Try lots and lots of veggies as they help you be more full without as many calories. Good luck
  • purplebobkat
    purplebobkat Posts: 68 Member
    Binging was my main issue. Had to always be super stuffed. The above posters have suggested getting professional help & that could be what you need.

I found that eating 6 times a day just made me hungry all day long. So I decided to try fasting for 16 hours a day & just eating for 8. But eating huge volume meals...loads of veg with some protein. Honestly eating 2 super huge meals to properly fill me up. It has really helped me.

It may help you.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You probably have to question "what you want".
    Do you really want to be skinny or du you want to be healthy?
    Do you want better eating habits? If so, are you willing to make an effort?
    Do you really want to feel full all the time? Do you think that is normal/necessary?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    in lieu of more detail regarding your situation.. depending on how much you have tried to stop eating outside of trying to diet but just desiring to be full all the time, my recommendation if its absolute compulsion seek professional help instead of dragging it out more digging for treasure that isn't there to find.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    1. If you're actually binging, see a medical professional
    2. Try "volume eating" Lower calorie foods that are "more filling"

• jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    In the first week of a diet I tend to get really hungry and want to binge. After a while the cravings go and you just have to contend with the hunger!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    If you really are binging, see a medical professional. I know several people who are on medication for binging and say it has changed their lives.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    In the first week of a diet I tend to get really hungry and want to binge. After a while the cravings go and you just have to contend with the hunger!
    If you feel you have to contend with hunger, you're doing it wrong. Set a weekly weightloss goal to no more than 1% of your bodyweight. Hit that calorie target every day. Eat food you like, but make sure you're eating a varied and balanced diet. Expect to be hungry before meals, and that cravings never go completely away.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    I agree with posters above. You really need to evaluate your eating habits. Do you need to feel full all the time as in it's a compulsion or are you just used to overeating to the point where you are always full?
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    I might consider a 12 step program to examine why you "need to be full." Russell Brand's Recovery is an excellent book <3
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Are you bingeing because you are hungry or because you're self-medicating with food?
  • lizabenue
    lizabenue Posts: 11 Member
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    I agree with posters above. You really need to evaluate your eating habits. Do you need to feel full all the time as in it's a compulsion or are you just used to overeating to the point where you are always full?

I don’t need to be full I just need to eat. I need something in my mouth, sometimes I think about smoking, I don’t know what it is I’m trying to dill
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    lizabenue wrote: »

I don’t need to be full I just need to eat. I need something in my mouth, sometimes I think about smoking, I don’t know what it is I’m trying to dill

Sounds like a situation in which seeing a professional may really help you get to the root of the issue. I have to ask though, are you trying to eat very little in order to try and lose weight? Sometimes binging seems to get triggered by an attempt to eat a lot lower than necessary (ex. MFP gives me 2070 to lose, but if I tried to stick to 1200 a day I'd be binging by day three).
  • jlouber
    jlouber Posts: 11 Member

Definitely see a professional to help figure this out.

My dad smoked for years. When he quit he still had the oral thing you are talking about, always had to have something to do with his mouth to help with the craving. He chews gum constantly. So maybe think about gum over smoking. Seems like a better choice until you can figure out the best way to deal with the compulsiveness.
  • lizabenue
    jlouber wrote: »

Definitely see a professional to help figure this out.

My dad smoked for years. When he quit he still had the oral thing you are talking about, always had to have something to do with his mouth to help with the craving. He chews gum constantly. So maybe think about gum over smoking. Seems like a better choice until you can figure out the best way to deal with the compulsiveness.
    Thank you
  • lizabenue

Sounds like a situation in which seeing a professional may really help you get to the root of the issue. I have to ask though, are you trying to eat very little in order to try and lose weight? Sometimes binging seems to get triggered by an attempt to eat a lot lower than necessary (ex. MFP gives me 2070 to lose, but if I tried to stick to 1200 a day I'd be binging by day three).

No actually I try to eat about 1500 because my bmr is 1700 and I go to bball practice which causes calorie burning. I don’t starve I just want to know how to eat like a human, who cares about weight loss when I don’t even know how to eat intuitively

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Bball practice? How old are you? (Yes I know there are adult leagues but this thread has few red flags the poster may be young).