• EvanK84
    EvanK84 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Thanks Y'all! That is exactly what I have been doing
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Don't put a ton of stock in that IMO. Your fluctuations don't always coincide with those times even though it seems logical that they would. I'm a contrarian on this issue because I don't think time of day matters at all compared with the trend - which does, and is independent of fluctuations. And also, I think there are many more complex things happening in the body, like speed of your digestive track, rate of water retention for muscle repair, efficiency of burning of energy (fat) stores - all of those things don't line up neatly with your empty stomach and bladder. So if you are looking for something "consistent", my thought is that it is not really possible. But it's also not that important.

The bigger deal is what you see on the scale as a trend over time (like over several weeks, not days) because your weight is always a range, not a number. You may, like me, weigh more later in the day after meals than you did in the morning, even if that's counter-intuitive. That may be because of recent exercise, sweat, dehydration, etc. In any case just make sure you are looking at the trend, not the day-to-day changes.
  • nickbullett
    nickbullett Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting to weigh myself multiple times every day to see how my weight fluctuates during the day. I can anticipate my following day morning weight following those patterns. But that's just my obsession.
  • taylorro
    taylorro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting to weigh myself multiple times every day to see how my weight fluctuates during the day. I can anticipate my following day morning weight following those patterns. But that's just my obsession.

That's how I am, I weight myself every morning but only count my Monday weigh ins. I also will weigh myself at night just to see the difference from the day. Doing it every morning keeps me motivated and also allows me to watch trends.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning after using the restroom and before I eat or drink anything! I do so naked before getting in the shower
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    taylorro wrote: »

That's how I am, I weight myself every morning but only count my Monday weigh ins. I also will weigh myself at night just to see the difference from the day. Doing it every morning keeps me motivated and also allows me to watch trends.

Cosigned.

I only log the first thing every morning, but I try to weigh a few times a day... less now that I really feel like I understand how my body reacts to different stimuli.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I tend to do it in the morning before I get dressed for my run, I don't weigh very often anymore though.....
  • EvanK84
    EvanK84 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    maura_tasi wrote: »
    I weigh in the morning after using the restroom and before I eat or drink anything! I do so naked before getting in the shower

That's funny I do the same