What FREE + fun fitness apps do you recommend?

Options
Obviously MFP is first, but I'm looking for some apps that maybe have some workouts to try out? Or IDK, maybe other fun features to try. I'm really just bored and want to get excited about something fitness related again.

The only apps I've found on my own have trials or I need to purchase the app to unlock like 75% of the features I want to look into.

Replies

• sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jefit or bodyspace apps.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but if you don't use an app to track your weight I recommend happy scale! I think it's kind of fun to put my weight in every day and see the graph and predictions it gives me. I strangely look forward to it every morning haha
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    maura_tasi wrote: »
    This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but if you don't use an app to track your weight I recommend happy scale! I think it's kind of fun to put my weight in every day and see the graph and predictions it gives me. I strangely look forward to it every morning haha

Hey! I finally downloaded that app about a month ago. It's great. Even though I weigh myself daily I do forget to log it a few times here and there but it still works well.

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I really like the Nike Training Club app. Lots of workout plans, plus videos for each movement as you are working out.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    I really like the Nike Training Club app. Lots of workout plans, plus videos for each movement as you are working out.

Does it have you purchase anything to unlock different parts of the app?

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Nike training appears to have lots of free workouts, I just downloaded that this week.
    Body Space/Bodybuilding.com also has free plans or lets you input/build your own. (However I heard that they have started charging for certain programs recently, go figure)

It's disappointing how many apps seem really interesting, just to say "just kidding, $9.99 to actually do anything!"
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Google Fit is free and syncs with MyFitnessPal. It can even auto detect your running and biking if you let it.

It will also make maps of your walks automatically, but it takes like a half hour or more for the app to process your walk map.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

Does it have you purchase anything to unlock different parts of the app?

There are additions to purchase, but many programs are free, and the app is free to download as well.
  • msdemmie
    msdemmie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use Map my walk, by the same company as MFP - I use the free version. I also have an apple watch which helps balance out when I do what, when I should move around a bit etc, it also syncs nicely with Nike training and with Apple Health.