When "bad news" is actually GOOD News...

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
edited November 2017 in Success Stories
Got on the scale this morning (having avoided doing so of late) and I'm UP almost 7lbs (and it isn't "water weight"). I know it's not water weight because I've been doing more snacking for the past couple of weeks as well as not logging diligently. I've also not been drinking the amounts of water I've gotten accustomed to drinking since starting this most excellent journey/adventure 180 days ago and losing almost 32lbs. Instead, I've been drinking more caloried drinks of late as well. Why pray tell, would I post this subject in the "success stories" section? Why pray tell would I consider the "seemingly" bad news of the scale shooting up as "Good News"?

Here's why...this adventure/journey and RACE that I'm on/in is not a "sprint" but instead is a "long-distance and marathon" race. This is good news, because I'm no longer on the "hurry up" track, but instead on the patience/wait/LEARN and DO track. It's good news because I see and embrace my faults and rather than "excuse or justify" them...I choose to not only acknowledge them, but expose them and get back on "track" without an ounce of self-pity, shame, nor regret. I LOVE that I can see my failure(s) or lack of progress as a sign or stepping stone of more diligence, faithfulness, and quite frankly, humility is required from me to get back on the "good foot" so to speak. That resting on one's laurels and complacency is a REAL temptation in this battle of the bulge and to be recognized and avoided like the plague. So...I'm counting it ALL joy and getting back on track and am filled with not only JOY (at this seeming bad news), but also filled with gratitude and super thankfulness that I've come too far to allow a temporary set-back to move me negatively in ANY way at all. To count this gain as a loss of "pride/ego tripping" and to get back to the place of humility and sober/serious-mindedness in this race and battle of the bulge.

That's Good News and thus a Success Story--YAY! o:)<3o:)

Replies

• SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks I need this reminder :) keep it up!
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Great post, I'm feeling that way right now too. I've recently gained about 8 lbs back from 2 weeks of not tracking, and overeating, back at it for 3 days now. I'm starting to realize that there are going to be ups and downs, but I'm not going to just give up on me. And I'm really really focused right now, so I can see some awesome things coming in my future :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    ituakalau wrote: »
    Thanks I need this reminder :) keep it up!

My absolute pleasure and thank you so much for posting. I will keep it up and here's to cheering you on your wonderful weight loss journey as well! We got this, period. <3o:)<3

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    Great post, I'm feeling that way right now too. I've recently gained about 8 lbs back from 2 weeks of not tracking, and overeating, back at it for 3 days now. I'm starting to realize that there are going to be ups and downs, but I'm not going to just give up on me. And I'm really really focused right now, so I can see some awesome things coming in my future :)

Wow! Thank you ever so VERY much for posting/replying. Your reply is not only encouraging but inspirational too--I LOVE your "attitude"! I also truly appreciate the "word" you used "focused". What a powerful and doable word and "weapon" (if you will), in this daily battle. I totally forgot/hadn't considered that beautiful and power-filled word and action...being "focused". Being focused is not only fun, but really cool and I shall include this "tool/weapon" in my journey starting NOW. Boom and YAY! You rock, period. <3o:)<3

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Great post. I can take a long time to understand that this is a new reality, not a short term gig. Once you have that mindset, the battle is over and you can enjoy the ride.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Great post. I can take a long time to understand that this is a new reality, not a short term gig. Once you have that mindset, the battle is over and you can enjoy the ride.

How very insightful and I really LOVE what you've said specifically "Once you have that mindset, the battle is over and you can enjoy the ride." This is powerful to/for me--thank you ever so much for this, and for taking the time to post/reply. You rock--{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!