Help, haven't lost in a week even though I've been eating 800 calories a day

Options

Replies

• CannedKindness
    CannedKindness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    800 cal a day in your situation is a great way to wreck your health. With how little you have to go now you need to do a few things: set a loss rate of .5lb a week, have super precise logging and patience.

If you're not losing weight you're eating at maintenance, how are you determining how much you eat? Odds are you're eating a lot more than 800-900cal a day.

I am most certainly not eating more than that, I'm not a liar and I log in everything. Take your accusations somewhere else.

I think you're a little hangry. Do you just want to be told you're a special snowflake and it is totally out of your control that you're not losing weight or did you actually want helpful suggestions which people gave (and then you got angry about)?? No one accused you of anything.

You're being ruder to me than I was to that person, when their initial post and follow-up post make it pretty clear how antagonistic they are being. I assume you heard the term special snowflake in some political video, as that's where I generally hear it, and this isn't the place to call names like that. Thank you.

That's the internet honey.....people call you out on dangerous eating levels....

Did you read the post? They were not calling me out on dangerous eating levels, they said it was impossible that I was doing what I said.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I think the poster failed to notice that you were talking about ONE WEEK, which is why it's not impossible, but the point that if you were eating 800 cal and not losing over a period of time that your logging is almost certainly off (which is common) is certainly true. And, more significantly, neither an attack nor warranting the aggressive response it received.

Maybe chill and focus on the fact that you lost 8 lbs in a week and a half (so my guess is the logging isn't particularly off) and probably your body is just adjusting and the answer is to pick a more sustainable deficit and be patient and consistent.

If you want logging tips (IMO, useful, but I'd guess you don't) opening the diary is sometimes something people like to try. Many experienced loggers might see issues.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I think the poster failed to notice that you were talking about ONE WEEK, which is why it's not impossible, but the point that if you were eating 800 cal and not losing over a period of time that your logging is almost certainly off (which is common) is certainly true. And, more significantly, neither an attack nor warranting the aggressive response it received.

In a later comment she mentioned that she'd been eating less than 800cal before she bumped it up to that, so she's been under eating (or think she has) for longer than a week. But she's going by labels and guesstimates, so I think logging is definitely the issue.

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Sorry--you're just not going to get a lot of support around here for a very low calorie diet especially if your not under a doctor's care...
This discussion has been closed.