To "blonde"

Options
I just don't understand how this all works. I need someone to help break it down for me. LOL I've done multiple calculators that said my BMR is around 2420. I put light activity in MyFitnessPal but I do work out 3 to 5 times a week for 30 minutes on the elliptical. So MyFitnessPal gave me 2040 calories a day. Does that mean as long as I eat 2040 calories a day regardless if I exercise or not I will lose the weight?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you entered your stats and goals into MFP correctly, 2,040 a day is what MFP estimates you need to lose weight whether or not you exercise. MFP gives you a calorie goal that doesn't take exercise into account. If you exercise, you'll log the exercise and it's generally recommended that you eat back at least a portion of the calories that you "earn" through the exercise.

Is the "light activity" based on your daily activity not including the exercise? You'll want to make sure your activity level isn't already counting the exercise if you intend to log your exercise. This prevents you "double dipping."
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    MFP Highballs the calories sometimes. So try it and if after a two weeks your still gaining weight then dial them back.
    Or you can figure out your TDEE and work from there
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand how this all works. I need someone to help break it down for me. LOL I've done multiple calculators that said my BMR is around 2420. I put light activity in MyFitnessPal but I do work out 3 to 5 times a week for 30 minutes on the elliptical. So MyFitnessPal gave me 2040 calories a day. Does that mean as long as I eat 2040 calories a day regardless if I exercise or not I will lose the weight?

In MFP your activity level should not include exercise. So if that lightly active does...make it sedentary.

It will give you a bit less calories to eat but it is the amount of calories you need to lose weight without exercise.

If you want to exercise add it in and eat some of them back to help fuel your next workout.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Being blonde is never the problem.

Hear hear....
    Hair, here?
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    :)

hair there....?

Sorry OP....Just had to....
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    :p
  • Ladybug_lover
    Ladybug_lover Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I meant "blonde" as a joke. Because I was having a hard time figuring it out. Haha

I know you did. But I didn't think it was funny because being a blonde doesn't mean you're stupid.

In the UK it does as a joke.

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    debrag12 wrote: »
    I meant "blonde" as a joke. Because I was having a hard time figuring it out. Haha

I know you did. But I didn't think it was funny because being a blonde doesn't mean you're stupid.

In the UK it does as a joke.

It does here...some people are just easily offended.

Can you explain the joke to me?