Man raw vegetables rock!

Options
I never used to eat much unprocessed veg. Even when I did eat veg I'd fry the buggers to the point they were really just a lard/butter/olive oil and salt delivery system.

But I always liked raw veg (unlike fruit which I still can't stomach), just that the effort of buying fresh veg when my family stocked perfectly good junk food in the house just never seemed to be something I had the time for...

Well I have found the time and money (and fresh veg is remarkably cheap, enough to last all day for under £3 at the greengrocer -cheaper than the supermarket by far, to my surprise... I thought... economies of scale and all... I guess not).

It tastes so good, it's so filling. But... confusing... I swear it's more filling than when I cook it... I know veg shrinks a bit cooked as it loses water but... wow.

Anyway, nom nom nom.

Replies

• amberlineilene
    Options
    nom nom nom!!!!!!
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    I agree completely. I eat raw veggies and stay fuller than when I eat chicken or any other kind of protein. I love it! And they are cheap, both money wise and calorie wise.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it!

Raw veg is more offers up more nutrition for your body. That is part of the reason you stay satiated longer.

Way to go, raw veggies are awesome!
  • runninglol
    runninglol Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Taht is wonderful you are learning to appreciate good, natural food!
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Way to move forward! This is a great step in the best direction!