Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options

Replies

• trantu11
    Options
    I'm still in 100%. I'm trying my best with my food. My goal is to go to the gym every other day because I'm so busy. I'll send you my weigh this Sunday:-) I'm new so I'm not really fimilar with the site, so if you want me to read your message please send me the link. This way will save me time from navigating my way there.
    Have a GREAT DAY everyone.:-)
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Via Gary:

AUGUST CHALLENGE: If you have bad knees here is an alternative for the ups and downs exercise. 100 Toe Touches. Stand up straight arms straight above your head. Take your right hand down and touch your left foot. Alternate the left hand to right foot. Stand up Straight that = 1. Do 100 of those and you are set for today.! PUSH YOURSELF TO DO MORE!!! Your big weigh in is right around the corner. Its crunch time people. You are stronger than you believe so go go go go!

I don't have great knee's myself, but I'm totally trying these up & down's!
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Kicked the crap out of some crunches last night. Ended up doing more like 150 with the challenge + 30DS + working on my own. Keep up the great work SKINNYs!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Those up and downs were KILLER! But I did them! :)
  • watrmlon
    watrmlon Posts: 34
    Options
    On my 3rd glass of 3 cups of water :)
    Did the 100 toe touches because one hand is in a splint!
    Journaled my food and getting ready for work!
    Another great day!
  • Devani34
    Devani34 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    checking in with the UP and Downs.... half way there... will back when complet (ya'll pray for me :tongue: )
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    checking in with the UP and Downs.... half way there... will back when complet (ya'll pray for me :tongue: )

I'll pray for you if you pray for me! I did 25 this morning. Still have 15 more to go when I get home later, much, much later.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Hey SKINNYs

Checking in for the day....

45 UP -Downs
    9 cups pf Water
    300+ calories under.

Hopefully, the scale will budge tomorrow

:) Good night!
  • tagrady
    Options
    Hi Skinny's!

MY ENTIRE BODY IS KILLING ME THIS AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I curse the ground those burpee's walk on! I pulled muscles in my back and my forearms are killing me! I think I did full burpee's instead of up & downs, becasue the video I saw on youtube last night showed a push-up once you were down, and I killed myself trying to do those! I couldn't do all w/push-ups, so I did toe touches. Now...infront of the PC, I see I didn't even HAVE to do the push up part!!! UGGG, well at least it was good for me! I weighed in this am with AWESOME results!!! SoOOOOOoOOOoOOoOOO happy with my weight this week! FINALLY!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is still hanging in there! I really wish that amberluvesjohn and brihare would check in! I have nothing for them but their weights!

Remember, by sunday I need all points in an in-box message.

So it should look like this, i'll use mine for an example:

Weight = 165.6 (3lb loss) = 3pts
    Daily excercise challenge = 6 pts (for all 6 days)
    Daily Team challenge = I did every day

So if everyone gets 6 excercise points, and does the daily team challenge (water, calories) than we'll get 10 add'l team points!!!

Please in-box me if you have any questions about your specific points. I'm only using mine for an example, but I want to keep everyone's private, so don't post points on this forum! you can also email me at tagrady@gmail.com if you prefer.

EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU FOR BEING AWESOME TEAMMATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TEAM SKINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Update for yesterday... Up & Downs - 50! I forgot it was only 40 and kept on truckin'... LOL Drank all my water and stayed under calories. :D
  • szczepj
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a great week! I'll be offline sometime this afternoon until I get home tomorrow afternoon since I'll be moving and I have to turn the internet box thingy in. But I will be doing the challenge's and won't let you guys down!

btw, Captain (I like calling you that for some odd reason) I shall send you my stats Saturday :)
  • tagrady
    Options
    ****** GOT WEEK 2 INFO FROM GARY******

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within!

This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge

Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
    the team!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
    ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u
    don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup
    or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to
    volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be
    rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their
    favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite
    you must find another recipe to submit.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

QUESTION: DOES ANYONE MIND IF WE KEEP THIS SAME THREAD? INSTEAD OF DOING ANOTHER ONE FOR EACH WEEK? THAT WAY WE CAN JUST GO TO OUR PROFILE EASY ENOUGH TO FIND IT?

~Your Devoted Captain
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just saw the new challenges for next week. I'll volunteer to do 10 of the 100 miles for the team next week, if you like.

Oh, and I like keeping the same forum all throughout the challenge. MUCH easier to find that way...
  • tagrady
    Options
    Thanks Kellie!!! 10 mile commitment is HUGE!!! I'm a terrible runner, so this will definately be a challenge! i'm going to commit for 5 on the elliptical.

Also, We will most likely be welcoming 2 new members next week, so grab your welcome wagons! I still haven't heard from amberluvsjohn or brihare.

~El Captino
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can do 10 Miles as well- I will walk/ run it so that's a little over a mile in half a day :) I can do i t!!! I need to alternate my running and walking because I suck at running!

I can't wait for weigh in tomorrow!!!

Off to a birthday party for all day!
  • kcgslp
    Options
    Hey Skinnys...

Completed my Fridays challenges....push-ups, water & under calories.

Just looked at next weeks challenges....HOLY COW!!!! It's no joke huh.
    Well I'm gonna try for 10miles extra too (my dog will love me!)
    Besides my blister is finally healed and my new sneakers came in the mail and I am ready to RUN!

enjoy the day off... I think we need it!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I will do 7 miles :)
  • szczepj
    Options
    I suppose I'll go for 10 miles.

As for the recipes, I don't actually cook or anything like that....
  • kcgslp
    Options
    Water was hard today... but I did it!
    Stayed under calories and did my squat lunges (and up-downs, just cause)
    also ran today for the first time in a week, my new sneakers felt good but when I got home my blister was back :(

I guess I'm back to the stationary bike, walking and the elliptical this week :(

Weigh in tomorrow!!

Enjoy the day of rest Skinnys.
  • tagrady
    Options
    It sure does feel good to rest today!!!

I'm off to my second birthday party in two days an will AGAIN skip lunch to have cake! This one is from scratch by my grandmother, so it would really be a sin not to have a tiny piece! Don't worry team I won't let you down!!!

Tomorrow starts hell week!!!

- <3 captain