Movies that destroy you

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Mine is The Green Mile...as soon as it starts, I start bawling, because I know how it ends. :cry:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Marley and me...oinly cause I have a yellow lab also.:cry:

I second Marley and me
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Field of Dreams "Wanna have a catch??" :sad:
    Steel Magnolias :sad:
    The Green Mile (for the reasons everyone else stated) :sad:
    Pay it Forward too!:sad:
    Gran Torino too!! :sad:
    A Walk to Remember:blushing:
    The "Dog Scene" on I am Legend!:sad:
    Brian's Song
    Old Yeller
    Where the Red Fern Grows (I refuse to watch that ever again!! LOL!):sad:
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My favorite tear jerkers are Terms of Endearment and Steel Magnolias :sad: They get me every time..
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Pay It Forward

I cant even hear 2 bars of "Calling All Angels"

Ok........now you've made me cry

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Field of Dreams "Wanna have a catch??" :sad:
    Steel Magnolias :sad:
    The Green Mile (for the reasons everyone else stated) :sad:
    Pay it Forward too!:sad:
    Gran Torino too!! :sad:
    A Walk to Remember:blushing:
    The "Dog Scene" on I am Legend!:sad:
    Brian's Song
    Old Yeller
    Where the Red Fern Grows (I refuse to watch that ever again!! LOL!):sad:

I second the Dog scene on I am Legend. (it wasn't in the book, I was not prepared, I was furious and sad at the same time)
    and I second Red Fern. My seventh graders just had to read it (required reading) and afterward I told them all, I promise you, I will never make you read anything like that again.
    Animal stuff really gets me-
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Reign Over Me, with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle, really gets to me. Anyone who hasn't seen this yet, put it on your must watch list!! Also, P.S. I Love You and City of Angels. I sob like a baby through all of these!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    A new movie that I boo-hooed watching was "Seven Pounds". I had NO clue what it was about when I went to see it, so I suspected nothing. It is seriously one of the best movies I've ever seen.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Pay It Forward
    The Notebook
    Old Yeller

I know there are bunch more but I just can't think of them right now.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    These are great examples.

Another one that really got me when I didn't expect it was a film called "My Girl" about a daughter of a man who ran a funeral home. The trailers for the movie were so funny that I thought it was just a great comedy.. After inviting 3 friends to join me, I find out it is a devastating tear jerker.

Does anyone remember that movie?

Bought this one last year. Me and the kids all cried! Even my 10 year old son!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    "Rudy"...just the music makes me cry.
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    "MY LIFE" with Nicole Kidman and Michael Keaton. He was nominated for an oscar for this one but Tom Hanks won for Forrest Gump. It's a shame because Michael Keaton was amazing. I've seen it so many times and bawl every time. It was on TV a week after my dad died of cancer, and I thought I'd never recover from my bawl fest that time!

god, it's so good.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The Thorn birds was such a tear-jerker for me and my Mom. We watched the whole mini series one day (eight hours) and when my Dad came home he opened the door to the t.v. room and was like oh my god what's wrong with your eyes? We had bawled all day!

Laura
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    AI Artificial Inteeligence.... we watched it a few years ago and my kids and I cried like babies at the end where the robot kid is looking for his mother
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I know it's probably cheesy, but that musical montage at the end of Titanic (where the band is playing and the people are getting ready to die.. the mama telling the kids a bedtime story so they will sleep through it and the old couple laying in the bed with the water rushing in). Makes me cry everytime.

OMG, just reading this made me want to cry. Now that I have two little ones of my own I have to leave the room. I just can't watch it.
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    My favorites are:

Beaches
    Terms of Enderment
    My Girl
    My Life
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    RENT gets me going everytime
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Hotel Rwanda.

I have never cried like that in my life. :cry:
  • Summarain
    Options
    John Q
    I am Legend
    You've got Mail
    Persuit of Happyness
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    What dreams may come. Is the saddest movie I have ever seen and I am not aloud to watch it when hubs is home because he says all I do is cry through the whole thing. I hits really close to home. I think that is why it makes me cry so much.