Changing diet & fear of gaining weight

Options
foofofoofo
foofofoofo Posts: 38 Member
edited December 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi
I shared my with you my story last week regarding my weight loss journey.
I just gave up I can’t do any dieting anymore. I want be normal!
I went to a Dietitian two days ago. She advised to eat carbs more protein & less fat
I was on 1200 to 1500 calories per day with 70 gm of carbs daily!!
She measured me on the InBody machine and took my BMI fats .. etc
I was 35 % over in fat !! Yet I was only 9 kg over weight
I train hard, I do cardio from time to time but no results
So she advised me these macros and I MUST build muscles to burn the extra fats! And to that I have to increase my carbs intake at least 150 gm of carbs
And reduce my fat intake(which it was over 50 to 26)

The problem is in gaining muscles I will still be over weight I think . I do 80 min of weight lifting and cardio (biking since I cannot run because of my hip injury)
These are my InBody readings and the macros that she gave me
I’m 26 154 cm 66.3 kg

zhztg6gklicv.png

xqezkv4gmlzy.png

Replies

• foofofoofo
    Options
    Up
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't actually know what you are asking?
  • foofofoofo
    Options
    I’m afraid to gain weight because of the carbs ! I tried it before and I gained weight immediately I don’t my new diet is correct or not .
  • foofofoofo
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Outside of a diagnosed medical condition (by an actual MD) Carbs do not cause weight gain-too many calories causes weight gain.

My diets are always low in calories! I checked my vitamin D levels, thyroid etc and everything was normal!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,151 Member
    Options
    The only weight gain carbs will cause is water weight as your body replenishes your glycogen stores in muscles and your liver.

What weight program are you on?
    What are your goals?
  • foofofoofo
    Options
    I think you need to seek help as to why you are massively Undereating and so scared of gaining weight.

No I’m not under eating I just can’t help it ! I used be a like a ball ⚽️ 113 kg with 154 cm ! I’m just wondering how to eat normally without aging weight. Like normal human beings
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    foofofoofo wrote: »
    Outside of a diagnosed medical condition (by an actual MD) Carbs do not cause weight gain-too many calories causes weight gain.

My diets are always low in calories! I checked my vitamin D levels, thyroid etc and everything was normal!

Do you weigh ALL food on a digital food scale?
  • foofofoofo
    edited December 2017
    Options
    An increase of carbs after low-carbing will come with water weight gain. But it will even off after some time. It's not because carbs make you fat -- it's because low-carbing reduces your glycogen stores, and thus reduces the water that you're carrying.

For how long? I just bought a new clothes
  • foofofoofo
    Options
    The only weight gain carbs will cause is water weight as your body replenishes your glycogen stores in muscles and your liver.

What weight program are you on?
    What are your goals?

my goals is to loss my body fats
    my training program is :smile: 7 to 6 exercises per day with 4 sets 12,10,8,6 +biking for 15 to 20 min + abdominals 3 times aweek
    i train 5 days a week with two days off
  • foofofoofo
    Options

Do you weigh ALL food on a digital food scale?

Yes
  • foofofoofo
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    I’m afraid to gain weight because of the carbs ! I tried it before and I gained weight immediately I don’t my new diet is correct or not .

Not to beat this to death, but to be perfectly clear- you will always gain weight immediately when increasing carbs because it increases your glycogen stores and I believe the rule is that every gram of glycogen holds about 3g of water. But what you need to understand is, this is WATER, not body fat. Yes, it makes the number on the scale go up, but it doesn't reflect failure in your weight loss. The number on the scale will fluctuate daily regardless of your diet, primarily because of changes in water weight. Eat more sodium, your water weight will spike. Work out, your water weight will spike. It all evens out over time.

for how long ?some ppl say to drink more water to loss the water weight
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,366 Member
    Options
    An increase of carbs after low-carbing will come with water weight gain. But it will even off after some time. It's not because carbs make you fat -- it's because low-carbing reduces your glycogen stores, and thus reduces the water that you're carrying.

For how long? I just bought a new clothes

It won't be a massive amount of water weight, just a small number of pounds, and it will be distributed throughout your body. Unless your new clothes are super tight, they will still fit.

Since you're still in a (too extreme) calorie deficit, it'll balance out in a few days to a couple of weeks. Yes, drink water to help it balance out, but not a crazy amount, just a normal, healthy amount.