Tesco pasta

Has anybody noticed that Tesco have recently raised the calorie content in all there pasta? A bog standard 75g dry serving or 170g cooked was around 250 cal and is now over 300

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I never noticed it. As long as your pasta is made with wholegrain and low salt/fat sauce, that calorie difference is nothing to be concerned about :)

Why does the sauce have to be low fat? Fat is good for you... how do you know what else OP has eaten that day to say the sauce has to be low fat?
  • orkla
    orkla Posts: 34 Member
    Did they change the recipe, or was it always a higher calorie count and they now try to sneak it in there like it's always been this way?
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    My thoughts exactly orkla, when your being real strict on a calorie count 50 cal's makes a difference
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Every pasta i have ever seen that is just your typical pasta has always been 300-310 calories per serving.

However... that being said.. if you truly are being really strict on calories, 50 calories really doesn't make a difference unless you are eating pasta several times per week. Are you? I could see it being more problematic for those using macros and eating a specific amount of carbs tho, as i am sure that calorie increase is likely due to an increase of carbs over anything else.. (cause you know, pasta)
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    I eat pasta 2-3 times a week. I do agree 50 cal is not going to make much difference. Most other brands still say a 75g portion is 250/260 calories but this one brand has recently changed to over 300. Was just curious
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Ah.. well i checked my pasta box and it's 85g a serving.
    So a 75g portion works out to be 260 calories. Maybe change brands? lol