HELP! Talk me off the Peanut M&M Ledge!

Options
2»

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Just do it!

You must be craving them for a reason--maybe your body is trying to tell you it needs something that a peanut M&M has in it?

Go get yourself a wee bag, eat a FEW, and then pass the bag around to people at work...that's what I always do and it works like a charm.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If chocolate is what the craving is all about, and if you're able to do it, store a box of fudge popsicles or similar (the Popsicle brand makes 40-calorie fudge pops), which take a bit of time to finish and (for me at least) satisfy my taste for chocolate without the guilt.

Good luck, and way to go for identifying your craving and giving voice to it without subconsciously giving in.
  • jrainey84
    Options
    DON"T DO IT! Go out and buy a few yoplait whips chocolate mousse! When I crave chocolate...which i do just about every day, I love these yogurts they are like desert! And try freezing them...even better! One serving of Peanut M&M's is like 250 calories while one whips yogurt is 160! Fight the urge!
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    Try eating some fruit, or maybe some cheese. If you're craving peanut M&M's, you're likely lacking something in your diet. If it's sugar, the fruit should help sate you. If it's fats, the cheese. Not to mention fruit/cheese is a great combination. I used that kind of intuitive approach when I was pregnant and was craving cheeseburgers 24/7.

The craving will pass, but you'll have consequences (whether positive or negative) depending on your decision!
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    wait a couple days, if the desire for them is still there, then have one serving, and include it in your calorie count for the day! :smile:

Tell yourself, These M&Ms will be here tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that. I don't need them today; they're not going anywhere. You have the option to wait, and that's the better option than caving in, in the moment.
  • sarah829522
    Options
    It will pass! And you'll feel better that you said no to that craving. We could argue peanut m&m's aren't really that bad if you only eat a few...and you can count them in your calorie plan and so on...but the biggest challenge to overcome is going to be your mind.

You are 100% in control of what you put into your mouth, what your activity level is and ultimately what your results will be.

Celebrate the new you and just say NO!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Think about how good those m&ms would taste. Now think about them covered in dog hair with worms crawling all over them. And them sprinkled on top of dog poo. Do they sound so good now? Think about that every time you think of them.
  • rahewson4
    Options
    You can do this!!! :-)

Tell yourself, you can have those peanut M&Ms anytime you want, you just choose NOT to have them today. Tell yourself if you still really crave them tomorrow, you will save calories for them.

Good luck! :bigsmile:

This is a great suggestion!!! I know it seems silly but I've never even thought about this before. Thanks so much!!
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Aww, great! So glad to help! :-)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If you have to indulge, those Fiber One bars with the chocolate & caramel are pretty darn good. Eat only 1/3 0r 1/2 of one & zip-loc the rest. Also try to keep those sugar free chocolate pieces on hard. (They are made with sugar alcohol.)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Think about how good those m&ms would taste. Now think about them covered in dog hair with worms crawling all over them. And them sprinkled on top of dog poo. Do they sound so good now? Think about that every time you think of them.

BAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Oh, the places those Peanut M&M's will go. That's enough to make me stay away!
  • sarahlong09
    Options
    Find a healthy alternative. I suggest Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds. They have them in 100 Calorie packs and they are soo good!! Plus they give you healthy fats. M&Ms can't do that.

Those are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You know...when I want to treat myself, I eat a small bag of the pretzel m & m's :) They're 150 calories!! Much better than the 240 for the other kinds...
  • mncardone
    Options
    Don't do it!!!! You will feel so much better for beating the craving. Try more gum and water, and if all else fails, try to get distracted with work.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
  • Pridgenization
    Pridgenization Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for this post! SO helpful!

No kidding! This is so helpful. My friend and I were just talking about how these cravings can sabatage us! Thanks for sharing.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
    well said, as much as we hate the answer we want others to talk us out of what we know we should do.
  • KAT1892
    KAT1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Find a healthy alternative. I suggest Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds. They have them in 100 Calorie packs and they are soo good!! Plus they give you healthy fats. M&Ms can't do that.

So true! I just tried these yesterday and mmmmmm tasty!!!! Tasted like chocolate covered almonds, which is way better than regular almonds.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL!!!!! You're the best! Crisis averted!

Reading all your great advise kept me busy until snack time and now I'm enjoying 8oz of cold creamy CHOCOLATE Silk Light! Mmmmmm! :smile: