Issues

Options
judy2too
judy2too Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Every one,

I have just joined. At first, I did not see the up-to-date postings so I was not sure you were still active. Then I clicked on recent discussions and saw you were.

I am under the assumption this place is not only for losing weight, I hope. I have issues I need to work on in a hurry and thought maybe I could get the help here, that I need.

I'm almost 64 years old and I have been smoking cigarettes since my young teens. It scares me to death, I feel ashamed for the money we fork out for them each month because of me, and every time I buy them I feel like I am paying another payment on my death contract installment plan and Big Pharma is benefitting.

I have 3 sons who are all married with families of their own, which gives me 6 grandchildren. 4 boys and 2 girls. I am blessed with a loving family whose members are all in good health to the best of my knowledge. I'm proud of my boys. They are good husbands and Fathers.

I have other things to work on also. I am disabled due to my back so I can only stand for a very limited time and the same with walking, with a cane. when I do walk my posture is so shameful and homely. I'm all bent over. I have scoliosis, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, and 2 bulging discs at 2 different levels in my spine. This is from the last MRI I had 11 years ago.

I think being sedentary does not help with getting rid of smokes. My back has held me back from doing things for any amount of time, I always have to sit and take a break, that I've gotten to a point where I don't even want to start anything. I'm talking about the housework tasks I can do while taking breaks. Also, the fact that it takes me so long to get something done causes a lack of motivation in me to do things.

I've been a hard worker all my life. I worked with people and I loved it. I mostly did bar work and the last ten years of my working life I managed two bars at a Country Club. One being a golfer's bar and the other the Banquet bar for weddings and things. I absolutely loved it and al the risk of sounding like I have a big head, I really was good at it. I was a hands-on Manager. I did not have myself hidden in some office. Most of the time I worked the bar in the golfer's bar and I did the hiring and firing, scheduling, inventory, ordering, etc., all while I worked the bar too. I was fast also. So, you can see how it is so hard being the way I am now. I loved the people, I loved pleasing them and making there time there a good one, and I just flat out loved all I did. Every night I could not wait to go to bed so I could wake up and do it all over again.

So, with all that said you now know something about me. Oh yes, I am a strong Christian. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior from all my sins and He is the only way to the Father in Heaven. Also, I am not a judgmental person. I have no right to judge anyone.

Hope to get to know you all,

Respectfully,

Judy

Oh yeah, I also have a wonderful husband of 34 years and we are very happily married.

Replies

• haleyj089
    haleyj089 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about all of your health obstacles! Just know you are not alone and think of it in a way that it is only making you a stronger woman! I think support is important! Having positive people to help encourage you is definitely motivating! I will send you a friend request !
  • judy2too
    judy2too Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Haley It will be gladly received.