Any petite women success stories?!?

Options
Dakhar1
Dakhar1 Posts: 27 Member
I’m 5’ and 140lbs and trying to loose 20lbs. Doesn’t sound like a lot but when your short it is A LOT to loose and I’m having trouble loosing it!!! So I would love to hear some success stories and tips on how you did it. Currently feeling discouraged!

Replies

• Dakhar1
    Options
    There’s no other petite women on here?
  • Dakhar1
    Options
    MrsPinterest34, Love you’re tracking log, I may have to steal it. I’m a visual person so it would be great to see my progress (hopefully there’s some) and help stay motivated!!
  • Nomseys
    Nomseys Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’6 and have lost 20lbs since October and have about 20 left until maintenance. I went from 164lbs down to 144.
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and have lost 83 lbs. I have had set backs here and there and still have about 15 to 20 lbs to go. I would like to be at my goal weight by summer.
  • rvaugh07
    rvaugh07 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and still have a long ways to go before I get to maintenance. I have lost 20lbs since Oct 23rd. In the long run though, if I go back 3.5 years to the day I delivered my first child, I have lost about 68lbs. Even just going back 7 months to when I delivered my second, I've lost 56lbs.

It is all a process and I just never cared until I had my children. From prepregnancy weight from my first to my second, I had lost 30lbs, I'm now 11lbs under my prepregnancy weight from my second and have to work really hard to keep my calories in the right range because I'm still exclusively breastfeeding.

I always thought breastfeeding made you lose weight faster, but that hasn't been the case because it makes you feel like your starving too.

If I have too few calories, then my milk supply drops and my baby refuses a bottle so nurses nonstop for the next few days to try and increase the milk. If I eat too many calories then I gain weight. For me I have to keep my calories between 1400 and 1600 to lose weight and maintain my milk supply. The last 6.5 weeks have been tough, but I need to keep going so I can be healthier for myself and my family.

I use the Libra app that gives me a trend weight as I enter my weight everyday. Right now I'm still in obesity class 3, but I'm at the edge now and almost down to class 2.

I've been big my whole life and I'm almost down to the weight I was when I entered high school, for that I am proud, after that I'll be working to get down to the weight I was when I entered middle school, that would put me at overweight but would almost be to normal, so I will probably work to maintain while i try and build muscle for awhile when I get there.
  • bbywby10
    bbywby10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm close to 5'1". I've lost 27# since July. I'm 7# away from my first goal weight and 12# away from my reevaluate main goal weight.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-2". Starting weight was 143, I'm not at 133 just 5 pounds from my goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!