How to specify your foods

Options
Olliex27
Olliex27 Posts: 16 Member
So I’ve been on and off with My FItness Pal. This time I plan on sticking with it. This might be a silly question, but To find the most accurate choice of food, when I see “Homemade” does it mean made from home? Or is that a brand.

Replies

• KaeMarieXO
    KaeMarieXO Posts: 75 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Lol it mean you made it at home ..
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Olliex27 wrote: »
    So I’ve been on and off with My FItness Pal. This time I plan on sticking with it. This might be a silly question, but To find the most accurate choice of food, when I see “Homemade” does it mean made from home? Or is that a brand.

Homemade usually refers to foods cooked at home. Yes, some people actually cook instead of eating every meal at a restaurant.

Choosing homemade entries from the search results list is possibly the least accurate for most items, as every cook is different, and there's not the control and measurement that exists with commercial products.

Congratulations on your choice to make another attempt at My Fitness Pal.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you are logging meals you are making yourself, the most accurate way to log is to add each individual component (either straight in to your diary or the recipe builder).

Choosing a random "homemade" entry is not accurate as you have no idea how the food was prepared to reach the nutritional information stated in the entry.

If you are eating a food by a company called "homemade", look that up, be specific and find an entry that matches the nutritional information provided on the packaging.