Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Options
Anyone seen the streamable documentary on Netflix called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead? Anyone out there tried this and gotten good results? i'm curious before I try out the diet.

Replies

• leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    I kinda tried it, but still had to have one meal.. It's so hard, but even with one meal you lose weight.. up to a lb a day even.. You should def try it! I felt better, my skin looks a lot better, and let me know how it goes!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Anyone seen the streamable documentary on Netflix called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead? Anyone out there tried this and gotten good results? i'm curious before I try out the diet.

I saw it too, I want to try it, as soon as i get a juicer. Even the cheap ones at walmart are like 70 bucks, going to have to budge it in. Not to mention the veggies costing a lot. But worth it, I would think
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I saw that a week ago or so. A purely juice diet is not for me, but I do like to juice now and then. I don't juice as much as I could, but I have a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Pro that works great. Right now they are having a 2-for-1 deal on their new smaller model the "Power Juicer Express". So if you have a friend who wants to juice, you can split the $100 +s&h and each have one.

Oh, here's a link if anyone wants to check it out:
    http://www.powerjuicer.com/power-juicer-express.php
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It was a great documentary. This is obviously just my opinion, but anyone doing such a program should see results, the results will just vary depending on each person's body and the length of time they do it. If you have health issues and/or plan on doing it for an extended time, you should meet with your doctor to make sure they think it is okay for you, and how long they think it would be safe for you to do. I just finished a cleansing program that was six days. I feel lighter and my head feels clearer. Got rid of cravings I had as a result of food I ate while on vacation and lost six pounds. But extreme cleanses/detoxes that are maintained for a long period of time should really be monitored, even though I think a juicing fast is much healthier than a lot of stuff out there. Doing a detox or cleanse for three days or seven days is much different from doing it for a month or longer like in the documentary. If you meet with your physician and they say it's okay, make sure you get at least to day four! The first few days you are very likely to feel junky, in a fog, hungry, as your body adjusts, but it does pass. It will be worse depending on a person's current diet, like if they drink caffeine and eat a lot of processed food.If you get past it, you will reap the rewards - just check with your physician!
  • everbound
    Options
    yeah I know its a ways off but I'm taking a week off in October so thats when I plan to try it myself. Maybe sooner if I get a few extra days off with weekends.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    ok so I was really interested in this cleanse and I even went to his website and looked at the starter meal plan. And it actually looks pretty balanced and comes out to about 1200 calories. So what I dont understand is how you loose so much weight. If its all about calories in and out how are you going to loose like a lb a day?
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Probably depends on your starting weight, if you have a lot of pounds to lose (200 or more) you prob can loose that much initially. If you only have 10 or 20 pounds to lose then I don't believe you can lose that much daily.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    in that case I think I will do it just for the health benefits and to "cleans" and see what happens :)
  • everbound
    Options
    yeah I'll admit, every time I've gone on a diet I can lose 30-40 pretty fast. its getting through the next 30-40 that gets rough. thats with any diet I've done though and I havent tried that one.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    yeah I'll admit, every time I've gone on a diet I can lose 30-40 pretty fast. its getting through the next 30-40 that gets rough. thats with any diet I've done though and I havent tried that one.
    I am in the last 30 lbs to loose range. But dont see how it will hurt to loose 5-10 lbs this way.
  • laureneva15
    Options
    Bumping cos i'm interested to see what other people say.
  • everbound
    Options
    my family is having a juicing party right now at my brothers and I'm here to enjoy it! FYi, juiced beets taste like sweet dirt to us lol. Cucumbers are super juicy though apparently which I didnt figure one.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My husband and I saw it and are thinking about doing a 10 day juice. But we want to research veg combinations and flavor. I don't want to drink something that tastes like grass, like that one woman described it.
  • everbound
    Options
    My husband and I saw it and are thinking about doing a 10 day juice. But we want to research veg combinations and flavor. I don't want to drink something that tastes like grass, like that one woman described it.

So far there are quite a few combos that aren't at all like grass. When we get done here tonight I'll try to post up as much as I can. Speaking of... I don't recommend Beets and cucumber together. I will however recommend beets and pineapple juice. It makes the beets much better.
  • everbound
    Options
    So my brother (who is actually doing this) recommended adding one fruit for juice, one vegi or fruit with a really good overpowering flavor and then add in some muted vegis and fruits for more nuitrition. so far its working for his wife who has lots 4 lbs in 2 days!
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I watched this documentary yesterday and was inspired! I bought a Juiceman juicer from Target for $79 (if I like the program I'm going to buy Jack LaLanne's most expensive juicer online) and bought a week's worth of organic fruits and vegetables from a local food warehouse that gets produce that is picked from local farms that very morning. I started the program today and we'll see how it goes!
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • laurensgettingfit
    laurensgettingfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump, this was on TV today here in Australia on gem - as it was raining pretty much all day here in South East QLD/Northern NSW I'm sure a lot of us Aussies were stuck indoors watching TV on yet another rainy weekend. What is it with the rain lately!!
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but Netflix here I come.

Also, nice title - really caught my attention. lol