200 + lbs

Options

Replies

• ReadyEllie2018
    ReadyEllie2018 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I see most people posted a couple of months ago, progress?
  • momma712
    momma712 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to have found this I don't have 200 to lose but I do have 145 it's such a daunting task and my husband just doesn't understand he always tells me your not fat when I talk about it but I'm not saying it to be negative about myself I'm saying it cause its a fact. Trying to get back on track from my health problems need all the love and support I can get and feel free to add me as a friend to.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hi, Please feel free to join our group "Losing is Winning". We are all in the same boat :)
  • greenmeggsnham
    greenmeggsnham Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have 125 lbs to go but when I started, I had over 200 to lose. I've been making progress slowly and I would like some friends to help keep me motivated.
  • chellelosesit
    chellelosesit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know this post hasn't been updated in a while, but just checking in to say I'm at about 365 right now and I want to lose about 210+ lbs overall eventually. Feel free to add me as well!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I dont think it matter whether you have 50lbs or 500lbs we are all in the same boat. WE let bad eating habits rule our lives long enough. Mine is 25 years and at my max 235lbs meant I needed or should I say want to lose 55lbs.

The process is the same calories in calories out and increasing your activity. Is it easy NOPE. Can it be done YES!!!! look at those who have succeeded and tell yourself I can be just like them.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have about 175 more pounds to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • Olliex27
    Olliex27 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 lbs to lose, and so I can relate on how hard it is. feeling the aches and pains and shortness of breath at times. So Please feel free to add me!
  • Chey08142012
    Chey08142012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 215 and my goal is 190. I don't want to set to high of a goal and get frustrated. I am bad at wanting to weigh myself everyday and then get upset when I see my weight fluctuate. Then I quit.
  • consumone
    consumone Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request :)

• frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, please feel free to add me. This is my second try at losing 200lbs+ first time i did real well losing 100lbs but slowly went back to my old ways gaining it all back plus 25lbs. So here i am again ready to make the changes again but make them permanent.
    SW 453LBS
    GW 225lbs
    I am 6'2" with a large frame as is. I also started my own vlog to better express myself and to better connect with others please check it out here https://youtu.be/blnTsPXRKCk
    Much love and good luck
  • lukeprice95
    lukeprice95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 100 lbs to lose and aim to do this within 10months I've lost 4 lbs in just over 3 days so going well. Every goal is achieveable with the right determination try joining a slimming world they are great and really do help with diet plans and weight ins.
  • mrssnev40
    mrssnev40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have about 140 to lose please add me. We can support each other. I have so have struggled as well!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I HAD an extra 200# five years ago. I was 376# and 65 yo and I promised my youngest son I would do “something” about my weight/health.
    My WI at my WW meeting last Thursday I was -2.2, I weighed 190.4, I have lost 185# since January 2013.
    I will be in 180s soon, have not weighed in180s since High Schoo!

I have lost some weight for the past five years (60, 30, 16, 36 And 38 so far this year). I changed my Lifestyle and probably saved my life.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Oops
  • clmathew
    clmathew Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have 200+ lbs to lose also. I have 2 questions as i use the app.

How many calories are you aiming for to lose weight? Since my weight is high the app set my goal calories pretty high. Im not eating that amount, just curious what people are doing.

What is your target for grams of protein each day. I think the app is calculating my protein target from my weight and its much higher than what i have seen for daily reconendations from other sources.

Anything else you have noticed?
    Thanks! -Chris
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    clmathew wrote: »
    I have 200+ lbs to lose also. I have 2 questions as i use the app.

How many calories are you aiming for to lose weight? Since my weight is high the app set my goal calories pretty high. Im not eating that amount, just curious what people are doing.

What is your target for grams of protein each day. I think the app is calculating my protein target from my weight and its much higher than what i have seen for daily reconendations from other sources.

Anything else you have noticed?
    Thanks! -Chris

Ideally you should be eating what the app has you set to, eating less can put you in a larger deficit and if it's too large that's not great for your health. At most you want to be losing around 1% of your bodyweight per week if you want to lose weight in a safe manner. Bear in mind that MFP will not go below 1200 calories for a woman. What are your stats, and why do you think your calories are pretty high?

Those losing weight will need a higher protein intake than those maintaining. You should be looking at a minimum 0.8-1g per pound of bodyweight. If you're working out intensely you may need more.

Edited as just noticed you're female - assumed wrongly that Chris was for Christopher
  • clmathew
    clmathew Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My calories to lose weight is 2300, if i recall. Something close to that. Most days i am eating closer to 1500 calories. My protein intake is around 50 grams. I used to eat a lot of convenience foods like instant mac and cheese and fast food. I am currently trying to eat closer to a whole foods plant based diet. I would need to double what i am eating to meet the goal and i cant imagine being able to do that. I am still trying to figure out how to make this way of eating work for me and i want to incorporate beans with more meals which would increase my protein intake. I don't think my weight loss has been drastic. I have lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months.I have diabetes and hypothyroidism controlled by medication which make losing weight harder.
  • stephb1989
    stephb1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just getting started and I have 200 to lose. Yes, I am over welmed. But my hubby is going at this with me and being a great support! We are on day 3 and have done great eating and exercising! I don’t mind being a plus size women but I want to be healthy! I’ll be 30 in a lil over a year and feel I should have my life together by now! Lol. So let’s do this! :) I need some friends on here so we can encourage each other, please feel free to add me! :) we’ve got this you guys! Let’s kick butt!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    clmathew wrote: »
    My calories to lose weight is 2300, if i recall. Something close to that. Most days i am eating closer to 1500 calories. My protein intake is around 50 grams. I used to eat a lot of convenience foods like instant mac and cheese and fast food. I am currently trying to eat closer to a whole foods plant based diet. I would need to double what i am eating to meet the goal and i cant imagine being able to do that. I am still trying to figure out how to make this way of eating work for me and i want to incorporate beans with more meals which would increase my protein intake. I don't think my weight loss has been drastic. I have lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months.I have diabetes and hypothyroidism controlled by medication which make losing weight harder.

It's a lot easier than you think to eat more. To give you context my current weight is around 220lbs 5'8" tall and I lose around 1lb per week eating around 1750 net which is around 21-2400 on my active days (Mostly walking, occasional jogging and weight training).

You definitely need to be getting more than 50g of protein in, otherwise you risk losing muscle along with the fat, which is not ideal.

Healthier fat foods like avocados, nuts, quinoa, chia seeds, dried fruit, nut butters, dark chocolate and some oils are all high calorie items that can be added into your diet to increase your intake without adding uncomfortable volume or if you are struggling to get protein into your diet through food, supplement with shakes/bars, a decent one will have around 20g per portion and will also add to your calories.

20lbs is a pretty decent amount for 2 months so it seems it's less hard than you think it is! You are doing great.

This is how your calorie intake is calculated, this might help you to understand why it's so high:

h67yr5xtlm8c.jpg