So I bake cakes...

Options
specialty cakes, birthdays, showers, weddings... anyway, the next two weeks are going to be BIG cake weeks... I have my son's birthday cake this weekend and then I have 2 more next weekend... sounds easy right, no one wants a cake people have eaten part of lol but, cakes are carved and shaped which means there are always scraps and leftover butter cream :blushing: ... Butter cream is my nemesis :mad: I'm down 7 pounds and I can see that number going right out the window...
I WILL NOT EAT CAKE!! I WILL NOT EAT CAKE!!
Help me stay motivated! PLEASE :bigsmile:

Replies

• SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Everytime I decide to get stricter on my diet and cut out sweets, I get an incredible urge to bake...
  • lulupallooza
    lulupallooza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In the words of Marie Antoinette - "Let THEM eat cake!" (You on the other hand, grab a low fat delicious snack instead!)

:-) All the best to you!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm a cake decorator, also...I stay out of the scraps by feeding them immediately to my family and if they are not around, the scraps go directly into the garbage can... :flowerforyou:
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    I know what you mean! I only make cakes as a hobby, but I've stopped taking requests because I don't want that stuff in my house!
  • my top tip stolen from my friend Lauren who does the same with chicken skin....imediately pour washing up liquid over the chopped off unused buts of cake/butter cream so you cannot eat them. The smell will also disintegrate so your tummy isn't teased! good luck
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Every time you eat a piece of cake a kitten dies
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm a cake decorator, also...I stay out of the scraps by feeding them immediately to my family and if they are not around, the scraps go directly into the garbage can... :flowerforyou:

Do this and maybe make sure you have just eaten so that you wont be hungry as well as maybe chew on some gum
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am also a part time decorator, and I have found that I don't even like cake anymore! If I try a new recipe, I will test it out, but for the most part, I have no desire to sit down and eat a piece of cake just because it's there. Now the raw batter and a fresh batch of buttercream, I'm in trouble! lol. Just say no!
  • change_happens
    Options
    specialty cakes, birthdays, showers, weddings... anyway, the next two weeks are going to be BIG cake weeks... I have my son's birthday cake this weekend and then I have 2 more next weekend... sounds easy right, no one wants a cake people have eaten part of lol but, cakes are carved and shaped which means there are always scraps and leftover butter cream :blushing: ... Butter cream is my nemesis :mad: I'm down 7 pounds and I can see that number going right out the window...
    I WILL NOT EAT CAKE!! I WILL NOT EAT CAKE!!
    Help me stay motivated! PLEASE :bigsmile:

lmbo! you can do it! ... you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Be sure to get enough sleep before hand so your resistance is at its best.
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth right before decorating so it'd taste awful or chew gum.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I want so bad to go to school for decorating cakes and making candies and such!! You can do it!! Keep some (dark chocolate cocoa covered) almonds handy so when you get the urge to reach for the scraps you can eat them instead :)
  • bennight72
    Options
    I throw mine down the food disposer... and drink unsweetened tea while I'm baking...seems to help a little.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    if you bake so much and have lost 7lbs thats fab!
    i use to bake, i ate to much lol and gained fair few lbs back so i had to stop.
  • nicki0507
    nicki0507 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You guys are great! There are a lot of bakers out there :)
    I didn't go to school, just kind of something I learned playing with cake and watching youtube... it's a total hobby but I love doing it... just gotta put my big girl panties on and tell myself no :)
  • kimnaaron4ever
    Options
    Funny you just posted this, because I just got finished icing and coloring more icing for a cake my daughter and I are doing for our family reunion this weekend! I love to bake cakes & create something special for everyone to enjoy, but I believe buttercream just might be the DEVIL! It is so yummy and creamy! Why do we torture ourselves? Oh, well, I guess the good thing is after I'm done working on them, I really don't want to eat any of it because I'm usually just tired of dealing with it (I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my cakes & am usually stressed out by the time I finish one!)! So, I just sit back and let everyone else eat it up! :smile:
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    YOU WILL NOT EAT CAKE!!!!!!!!

Discipline is remembering what you want! Don't sacrafice your future for a momentary pleasure :)

YOU CAN DO IT :bigsmile: