Travel?!? Anyone? Where?

Options

Replies

• rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm English, but would love to travel everywhere - biggest current wish is Thailand. TBH, a weekend in Skegness would put a smile on my face, I love to get away.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Going to Tanzania over the Christmas holiday...last year we did a trip to Colombia and split time between Cartagena and Medallin. I've also been to Belize, Honduras (3x), Venezuela, and the UK (2x). I'd like to see more of Europe...I also have Australia and New Zealand on my bucket list.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I live here. Here, there are people. There, there are people. Here, there are KFC, Wal-Mart, etc. There, there are KFC, Wal-Mart, etc. Why bother? There are a few 'there' places where no-one lives. No-one lives there for a reason. Again, why bother?

you forgot "Olive Garden"....

It fits in the "etc".
  • with_trish
    with_trish Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you @TeacupsAndToning
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hawaii apparently because my son wants to go there.

Buffalo NY to see the Bills play...and Niagara Falls while I'm there I suppose.

Vegas to forget what i do or Some island somewhere without many people.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    anyone been on a sight seeing flight over Antarctica? worth it?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

A friend's parents went a couple of years ago and loved it...
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

A friend's parents went a couple of years ago and loved it...

Any idea who they went with? Which travel agent/company?

Seems Antartica is one of those place very few people go and do many if any flights fly over it?

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I hear CANADA is the place to be!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Next up is Ireland, Germany, and Switzerland.

then more Italy and Greece.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and maybe Laos are my next destinations. Just did Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (which I highly recommend) recently.

Bucket list stops include a lot of countries in Europe so I'll just say 'Europe' and Japan. Plus there's so many places in my home country (Canada) I haven't yet explored either so that's on the list.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Italy, Ireland, Greece
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to go to Scotland, Iceland, Spain, Italy...pretty much just wanna be independently wealthy so I can travel the world
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    I want to travel to war torn third world countries so i can show certain people our “first world problems” vs. theirs.
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    I want to travel to war torn third world countries so i can show certain people our “first world problems” vs. theirs.

I want to experience this with you, I feel like I could really make a difference
    It will be like that trip on that one mountain we don't talk about anymore.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

My in-laws went to Antarctica...they took a specialty cruise on an ice breaker ship. It's a pretty small boat and as I recall only held 100 passengers. It was an amazing adventure, but they did have some issues on the boat with sea sickness given it is so small.

The boat also had a helli-pad and they took a couple of helicopter excursions to some glaciers and some fly overs. I think they departed from somewhere in South America but I can't remember where.