salt

Options
mea9
mea9 Posts: 561 Member
My salt intake is always very low but I taste salt in everything from bread to water and I often feel "pickled"(thirsty). Again, my salt intake is always very very low. I don't add it to my food and I usually don't eat a lot of packaged food. Would it just be a sensitivity or something?

Replies

• budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    Does food taste salty or do you have a salty taste in your mouth regardless of whether you're eating or not? Here's an article about a general salty taste in your mouth: http://www.ivillage.com/what-salty-taste-my-mouth/4-n-142279

I don't know how old you are (unless the "19" is your age), but if you're nearing menopause that could also be related.

(Note: I'm not in the medical field but I like to look things up online. And I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much the article was very useful. Thank goodness I am not 19 but tests show I'm a ways away from menopause yet:-S I think it's probably dehydration. I hadn't put it together but I have a very hard time drinking enough water and complain frequently how much I'm supposed to drink. I guess I need to quite whining and get it done!

Thank you again for your help!
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    :smile: no problem. If you don't drink water because it's "bleh" (which is how I feel), look into Mio. It's flavoring you squirt into your glass of water so you can make single servings and not need to keep it in the fridge. Since I started using it I drink a TON of water (which is up from zero water).

Don't forget, if something is bothering or worrying you, best thing is to call your doctor or advice line (if your hospital has one) and just ask.:smile: