Keep me motivated!!

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah and I am 24. I have always been overweight, but in the last 4 years it has gotten out if control. I have gained about 60 pounds of 'happy' weight in that time since I started dating my fiance. We are getting married in October and I really want to be down to where I was when we got together. I have such a hard time staying focused and motivated for longer then 2/3 weeks at a time. My best friend is helping me by doing more healthy eating together, but it is still really difficult. I would appreciate any support and am really excited to kick things into gear once and for all!

Replies

• kam6318
    kam6318 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah! Congrats..what a happy reason for getting back in shape!
  • jacintacampbell2016
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I've lost 81kg - feel free to add me
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You're not supposed to stay motivated, and you have to find the "why bother" inside yourself. I can understand why you struggle, if you have happy living on the one side and healthy eating on the other side - it's surprising that you can stick to more than a week.

What you can do (and I think you must), is to make healthy eating happy. Not by telling yourself repeatedly how much you love broccoli, but by actively choosing foods and meals you like but don't overeat, and experiment to discover meals and meal schedules and portion sizes that keep you going. No foods are off-limits, and no foods are so healthy that they can be eaten in excess.

When you hit goal weight, that's when the challenge starts for real, but if you've found a diet and exercise routine you like, it's not going to be a struggle. You know it's a good plan when you can decide you'll just as well stick to it. If you want to go back to your old habits, you will, and then you will go back to your old weight too. Maintenance is for life. If you make a plan you want to keep (just with small adjustments) for maintenance, not only will the transition be smoother, you'll actually be able to stick to it until you reach goal weight.
  • GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 23 and I can help u !