What to do when I have so many calories left

I had a tooth pulled today and things didn't do as planned. Just wondering if i should add 100 or more calories each day. Thanks

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    If it were me, I'd go treat myself to a generous bowl of cashew ice cream. Or if it's too cold for that, some garlic mashed potatoes. Then if I didn't hit my cals today I wouldn't worry too hard about it. One day where something exceptional happens isn't going to make or break my health. If I found myself extra hungry tomorrow I'd allow myself to eat a bit more, but otherwise I'd go to bed and plan to get back on track in the a.m.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    You can if you want, but one day of low calories won't hurt you.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    You can if you want, but one day of low calories won't hurt you.

Ok thanks
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i wouldn't worry about it for a day or 2
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Provided I'm not on metronidazole (the antibiotic that makes you vomit that dentists ALWAYS seem to prescribe) I go with alcohol after dental work... Just saying ;)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I wouldn't worry about it, but I'd keep it in the back of my mind for a day when I wanted a little something extra.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    You under ate by 100 calories? Ignore it. If I am not hungry I don't always finish my calories that day. I often 'bank' them for the weekend.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    edited December 2017
    Use it to add an extra topping to something you really like. Treat yo'self.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    leggup wrote: »
    You under ate by 100 calories? Ignore it. If I am not hungry I don't always finish my calories that day. I often 'bank' them for the weekend.

No still had about 900 calories left
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    You won't die... If you get hungry in the days to come, be chill about going over a bit.

No biggie either way.
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    I'm getting over a cold - the past couple days I mostly slept and had no appetite - had like 600-800 calories. Today I'm feeling much better and I'm starving, so I'm letting myself eat a bit more. NBD - this is part of normal life
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Time for the chocoloate peanut butter milkshake.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    ice cream. Personally I'd make a milkshake and throw some protein powder into it to make it more beneficial. Just don't drink it through a straw. I had my wisdom teeth out and my mom brought me a shake and from sucking on the straw I got dry sockets.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. Yes, 900 cals is a lot, and I wouldn't make a habit of it (at least not based on the little bit of info we have on hand), but for a day (or even a few days) while you recover, it's not a big deal.