Sometimes I'm just not hungry

Options
Hey :o)

I've been using MFP for a little over two months now and the encouragement I get is fantastic (esp. Jaco and Koukla) and I'm losing weight. I try and do circuit training for half an hour every day and I walk for about half an hour also.

I've always had a very healthy appetite but lately though I have some days when I am just not hungry at all and I have to force myself to eat.

My daily goal is 1,940 and today I struggled to reach 1,000 calories. Does anyone have any sensible suggestions of things I can eat that are relatively healthy? (People at work tell me to eat chocolate but to be honest I'm not that fussed with the stuff).

Thanks,
Paul

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter, nuts, seeds, granola, milk (don't forget you can drink something healthy to get some calories in), avocado....all things that are nutritious that won't make you really full if you're not already that hungry.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Try getting in a shake. If you use protein powder, milk or yogurt, bananas, other fruit, juices etc you can get up to 800 calories in one go!!

(I do not recommend this to most people! I usually recommend they AVOID shakes lol)
  • auroreia
    auroreia Posts: 10
    Options
    dates, figs and other dried fruits are really high in calories/energy without being a lot of food... they're concentrated little calorie bombs LOL So typically I try to avoid them, but they might be perfect for you! That and honey....
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    Hi Paul
    I know exactly what you're saying. Although my calorie range is set at 1220...I sometimes struggle to get past 700-800. It's not for lack of trying though..sometimes I'm just not hungry. Maybe it's all the extra water I'm drinking..it keeps me pretty satiated. But I worry about hindering my own weightloss by taking in too few calories. I really do try to get up 1000..but it's suddenly "hard". Funny, before I decided to take control of my weight...getting enough calories was never a problem..my problem was getting TOO MANY. I am also now obsessed with my food journal numbers. I'm trying to stay below..or at range in fiber..protein..fat..sugar..and carbs...without going over calories. And when I meet everything else...my calories fall wayyy short. I don't want to start losin muscle because of it. Which I dont think is fair. I've got more than enuf fat for my body to feed off of..why does it have to go messin with my little muscle? Shoot..you can cut one of my buns off and throw it on the fire and warm a 2 story house for an entire day......body, leave my muscle alone...chew my arm for Pete's sake!!!
  • sugarbugger
    Options
    The best thing you can do is plan your days food ahead of time. If you can estimate what you'll burn in your workout, even better. Spread the calories throughout the day, add a bit of cheese, a few nuts, olive oil, dried fruit etc if you need to, and you won't be left with 800 calories to eat at bedtime.
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys :o)

Paul x