Am I doing too much or too little???

Options
Hello,I just wanted to know is a 40 min workout 3 times a day too much or too little?

Many Thanks

Kieron :happy:

Replies

• captnesshowdy7
    Options
    3 times a DAY is a bit much. 3 times a week is much better!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    depends on what your goal is.

I work out at home 5 days a week and at the gym 3-5 days a week on top of that

but I was trying to loose 110 lbs i only have 17 left to go but I still work out all the time to help it along and tone up my body in the process

so total i probably work out for 3 hours a day
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    A DAY? Hmmmm....endurance...awesome.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    There are way to many variables to even begin to answer. What type of workout are you doing? What's your goal? How intense is the workout?

You can work out for 40 minutes but get little benefit. Or you can workout for 40 minutes really intensely and really get your money's worth. Myself, I try to keep my workouts to 45 minutes or less when lifting. If I don't get it done in that time I know I'm not working hard enough.
  • kieron10
    kieron10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How long will you say it will take to get some results??
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    You run a burn out risk unless you are LOVING it!!..I try for an hour a day..with no worries if I miss a day ... If you are really enjoying it and eating right its OK..but don't get obsessional!!!...
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    My personal rule of thumb is 20-60 minutes per day, 6 days per week.

So, I'm inclined to say 120 minutes a day is too much to do on a regular basis (once in a while is ok).
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    The big thing to worry about is how quickly you will get tired of this and give it up. You may want to do less if you think you will get burnt out on it quickly
  • kieron10
    Options
    I am doing a workout called Hip Hop abs to try and get rid of some fat but then im going to move onto some weights to build my muscle on my arms up.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it you will keep it up, if you dont you will stop

But aslong as you realise you arent suffering exhaustion, I would keep it up.

Some people can train long, some people can train hard, others can train long and hard

ho ho !
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    I am doing a workout called Hip Hop abs to try and get rid of some fat but then im going to move onto some weights to build my muscle on my arms up.

I saw that on television the other day. Does it really work?
  • kieron10
    Options
    i Don't know yet as i have just started it,Its really fun and it just feels like i am dancing but im working my abs and it does feel good,I just hope i get some good results.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Oh you said a day! That might lead to overtraining. You can over train your body and not get any results even if you're working hard.