Looking at 60 & looking for Accountability Partners

Options
Hi! After a lifetime of yo-yo dieting I’m actually beginning to experience the real physical consequences of being overweight. I’ve tried MFP before and it worked so long as I had an accountability partner.
I’m turning 58 this week and my goal is to lose 58 pounds. I’m looking for a friend/friends to help me stay on track for the long haul. In return, I will hold your feet as close to the fire as you’d like as well!

Replies

• Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi sophia, I am 64, I am here every day. I would be happy to help you with your goals. Add me if you like.
    Rick
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophia. I'm a 60 something. Like Rick ^ (who happens to be a very good Pal of mine) I'm here every day supporting my Pals. :smile: You are welcome to add me if you like.
  • lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Sophia. I am 58 (will be 59 in Jan) and have done the same off and on dieting since my kids were born. I am ready to accomplish this weight loss once and for all and before I turn 60. I am 5'5" and need to lose 40 or so pounds. I log my food every day and check in as often as I can. Add me if you wish!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophia,
    I turn 60 next year and my goal is to lose 90 lbs. So far I have lost 32 lbs this year and have 58 lbs to go.

I am looking for friends who are honest and open with their diaries. I never comment on bad days but will cheer your successes...I believe any day the scale can fluctuate 2-4 lbs of water gain or loss and I log my ups as well as my downs. I use a food scale and try to be as accurate as possible. I love to walk my dogs and play a little tennis. I have lifted weights but have found walking to be the most enjoyable exercise.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 63. I'm working on losing 75 lbs. Lost 45 so far. Glad to share support and encouragement. My diary is open. Add me if you like.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I’m 65 and would love another supportive friend
  • carolynbarnett309
    Options
    Hey .. I'm new on here so I don't know how to add or follow can you help? Thank You
  • maggiealice12
    maggiealice12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Bisky
    I'm 61 and have about the same amount to lose. I love tennis and know it will be even better when I achieve my goal. What kind of dogs do you have?
    MaggieGT
  • carolynbarnett309
    Options
    Hey I just turned 60 and I'm not really good at this .. yet so I need a little guidance please
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi! I turned 60 in October. Last year I lost 9.5# on MFP then got serious about CICO and have lost 24# this year. Still have about 16# to goal. You can review my profile for more and my diary is open to friends. Anyone here can add me if you like, I like having active friends on MFP who are supportive and kind to one another. Carmela
  • ImSophiaToo
    ImSophiaToo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great success story! Are you still trying to lose? And forgive my newbie-ness; what’s CICO?
  • ImSophiaToo
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    SEXY AT SIXTY - A great goal!

Now that’s a mantra worth repeating!!
  • ImSophiaToo
    Options
    bisky wrote: »
    Hi Sophia,
    I turn 60 next year and my goal is to lose 90 lbs. So far I have lost 32 lbs this year and have 58 lbs to go.

I am looking for friends who are honest and open with their diaries. I never comment on bad days but will cheer your successes...I believe any day the scale can fluctuate 2-4 lbs of water gain or loss and I log my ups as well as my downs. I use a food scale and try to be as accurate as possible. I love to walk my dogs and play a little tennis. I have lifted weights but have found walking to be the most enjoyable exercise.
    bisky wrote: »
    I never comment on bad days but will cheer your successes...

Thank you and I will do the same!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Great success story! Are you still trying to lose? And forgive my newbie-ness; what’s CICO?

Thank you! Calories In Calories Out. Yes, I'm still losing, but in a liveable way, and I eat real meals / food. My mantra (even repeated to my doctor) is It's. Not. A. Diet. I have no target date to my goal, which is a healthy BMI.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    To add friends on a computer:

To add friends - Click on the user's name in the left sidebar. That will open a window with the user's photo. Click on the name again. Another window will open. You will see a button that says "Add as Friend". Click on that button and your request will be sent. You can also send a message with the request.

Add me if you like.

I still haven't managed to add friends on the Android phone app.
  • ImSophiaToo
    Options
    I've opened up my diary. Nothing like having no secrets to keep me honest!
  • gtm197
    gtm197 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    64 and turning 65 in January. Just started here myself. Add if you want. Good luck and you can do it.