Need some positive reinforcement - 6 months in

Options
Hi all.

I am really struggling right now, 6 months into my MFP journey and would like some positive reinforcement.

Since June, I had lost about 50 pounds. I was religiously tracking things, working out, and on treatment for hypothyroid.

My TSH levels have increased over the past two months--which have really had an impact on my motivation in general, and my overall eating habits. Note, not blaming my levels here, but when you just want to go to bed instead of the gym, it really impacts your overall functioning when trying to lose weight.

Overall, I have found that I have been slipping a lot lately with holiday treats, and the sugar leads me to want to order pizza or something carb heavy (which I try to avoid because my body just doesn't react well to these types of food).

The lack of motivation, combined with crappy sugary/carb-ladened non-nutritional foods have derailed me a bit and I have gained back 7 pounds over the course of the past month.

I don't want this to turn into a defeat and need a little pick me up. I am 5'11-6'0 depending on the measurement, and have about 50 pounds in total left to lose (57 adding back the newly gained weight).

Just needed to voice my feelings as I am trying to deal with this day to day, and really do better when I have some support.

Replies

• yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Old saying - Its the fist day of the rest of your life. How do you want to live it?

You have the power to make changes - your recent history proves that you can do it.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Plan meals you want to eat, some old favorites, some new and exciting, that also fits your nutritional needs, and schedule shopping and cooking.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Self talk. In every choice. Discipline brings freedom. And when you slip, just keep getting back up. All the best!