Gastric Sleeve in 8 days! Looking for friends :)

Options
2»

Replies

• leesaandshane
    leesaandshane Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine is schedules for 9/25. Very nervous....
  • NobleLouis
    NobleLouis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a sleeve in November, still to be scheduled. But I'm on track, meeting with my nutritionist. Friends are welcome! I'm new to MFP, and I've never tried to track calories/protein before. All new for me.
    Now 272lb, goal to get 1600-1800 cal/day with 100g protein. That's a lot of protein for me! What are your go to proteins?
  • meakles1
    meakles1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had mine done 7/17
    Beginning weight was 234
    Currently 205.6
    Very excited! :)
  • seebrandishrink408
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks for the amazing response. I've sent out friend requests :)

I'm currently 33lbs down. It's really exciting!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hello lovely.
    Wishing you well. This is a lifetime commitment for each of us, not matter what way we decide to take on our weight loss.
    It is challenging and difficult at times and nicer when the load is shared among friends.
    God bless you.fuqbcxhwuqxs.png
  • shesbringingsexyback
    Options
    I was sleeved 5/15/17 down 80lbs since January. :) Add me as a friend yall
  • shesbringingsexyback
    Options
    HW 323 SW 294 CW 243
  • nutshell143
    nutshell143 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was just sleeved on 9/7 & am so excited to be on this journey with my new tool! As of today I’ve lost 13 pounds since my surgery which will be 2 weeks tomorrow & around 33 pounds all together. I will be 50 in January & my goal was to be fit & healthy...I’m on my way there! I do not believe in shaming people when they make mistakes because we ALL have our bad days & we ALL make mistakes. I do not believe in judging others. I do believe in being a sounding board & a listener when someone needs to vent or is having a rough time. I’m a cheerleader, a friend, a listener, a Christian (don’t worry I’m not some Bible thumping holier than thou lol) & all around just supporter. No one but those who have been where we all are can understand what we are going through! Ok I will get off my soapbox announcement of who I am now & just say I’m happy to have found others like me & feel free to friend me, follow me etc...
  • myrtlebeach2600
    myrtlebeach2600 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 08/2016 and have lost only 61 lbs. I believe it is because I live a very sedentary life (full time office work and full time college student). I am back on MFP to keep track of what I am eating and will finally be going to the gym soon. Good luck to everyone on this journey.
  • RCWesler
    RCWesler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I am 14 days out. Liquid diet for 2 weeks now and 2 weeks more - even over the Thanksgiving Weekend! Would love to make friends with y'all to see how everyone is surviving and get tips from recent sleevers.
  • Elerian
    Elerian Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I was sleeved August 8th, I'd love to see what you all are eating.
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am in the early stages of getting WLS and am looking for friends. I have done all the intake work am starting the testing that is required by my Dr. I hope that we can be friends and draw support and encouragement from each other. Please add me!
  • vsg_lorineliz37
    vsg_lorineliz37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve surgery on June 12, 2017. Down 64.2 pounds. 21.8 pounds until I reach my goal. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in the end stage of the process. They are awaiting some lab work I am having done on the 16th and then my team will meet with my doc. I hope we are soon discussing a surgery date. I'm excited for this part of my journey. Happy New Year!
  • mickey115
    mickey115 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me 🙂. I had my sleeve done on 6/13/18

HW: 225
    SW: 222
    CW: 197.1
  • delkins687
    delkins687 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Dakota I had the gastric sleeve 7/18 my starting weight before liquid diet was 423 and I've lost 20 lbs since the surgery putting me at 375. Just wondering if anyone else hit a stall around weeks 3 and 4
  • twinsff3367
    twinsff3367 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am looking for similar journeys 😊. I’ve been using fitness pal for my pre op years journey to Gastric Sleeve Surgery. I am 3 days post op and I’m doing my best to hydrate and get my protein in. I’m waiting on my unflavored protein mix to come in the mail. I bought lots of shakes and clear broth, failed to think about unflavored to add in. Can you recommend one that does not clump? It’s my 3rd day post op and I feel worse than any other day. I’m up walking ever 7 minutes, but have pressure/ gas in my abdomen up toward shoulders. I’m going to try gas x if it’s safe?? I’m in Nebraska Hello everyone! 😊😘
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I know this is quite an old post but hoping there might be someone who is still active on the site and wants to be friends for support. I've just had my sleeve 5 weeks ago!!