Keto journey

Options
Looking for friends to help keep each other on track.

Replies

• puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm so new to Keto, but I'm game! I can use all the friends I can get. Friends = support, right?
  • BabybabesT88
    BabybabesT88 Posts: 12 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm about 10 days in and down 5 lbs, but it doesn't make it easy when everyone I live with says, "Let's get pizza tonight." Friends on the same journey make it more doable.
  • puzzlingkirsten
    Options
    I know what you mean! My husband and I started on November 22nd, I am down about 11.5 pounds (holy cow, that's crazy!) and my husband is down at least that.

I'm lucky my husband is doing it with me, obviously that makes it easier for me.

Are you struggling to find substitutes that curb your cravings? I have been trying to make as many things as I can, we actually had pizza the other night but it was on a low carb tortilla so just like a thin crust pizza. To die for!
  • BabybabesT88
    Options
    I am finding it hard to give up the 2 sugar in my coffee in the morning. Other than that I don't find it too hard to pass on other foods. I have tried out a few different recipes but I'm mostly sticking to the same things over and over again. Congrats on the weight loss. It's great that you and your husband have each other for support.
  • keto_bee
    keto_bee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I went through my doctor and tried the New Direction diet which lasted 4 days. It was awful, even though I lost 6 pounds. But I learned a few things that i'm taking with me on my keto journey, i'm ready for a lifestyle change and my boyfriend is going to help. I told my doctor today that i'm not continuing the ND diet so they suggested this and i'm giving it a try.

• tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I need to find a list of foods to eat while on a keto diet; I plan on going on the ket diet in January....Any tips/ideas?
  • karenontario
    karenontario Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys....another kick at the keto can. I am alone on this journey so it is good to have and be supported here.
  • annabeckerart
    annabeckerart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to Keto too. Started on 12/1
  • BabybabesT88
    Options
    Hey all, thanks for the comments, it's good to know I'm not alone. I was on the HCG diet for a while and lost 40 lbs, but the calories were so low it was hard to keep going. I didnt want to go back to eating the way i was after cutting out most sugar and carbs, so i thought i would give keto a go. Here is the website that I get my foods list from. https://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-food-list/
  • cjb4nafter
    cjb4nafter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just started keto in Sept. Down 36#. Need to lose 100 more, seems almost impossible with any other plan but I think I can do it with this WOE. I could use as much support as I can get. Feel free to add me.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Here's a keto food list. Google will bring others.
    https://ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-food-list/

Also check these groups on this site. Ask questions and learn from others.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • puzzlingkirsten
    Options
    I am finding it hard to give up the 2 sugar in my coffee in the morning. Other than that I don't find it too hard to pass on other foods. I have tried out a few different recipes but I'm mostly sticking to the same things over and over again. Congrats on the weight loss. It's great that you and your husband have each other for support.

Have you purchased any sweeteners? I hear Swerve a lot, you could easily swap sugar for a sweetener. :smile:
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto for about 2 months and have lost about 32lbs! I'm not super strict, I don't test or anything, but I do log daily. Feel free to add me if you want more keto friends!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

I have 1 cup a day using Xylitol, tastes more like sugar than stevia does is still natural and doesn't cause an insulin spike, and then I drink the rest black. You might just need to play around with the sugar substitutes.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Here's a keto food list. Google will bring others.
    https://ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-food-list/

Also check these groups on this site. Ask questions and learn from others.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

This is the MFP'ers that have and still give me keto help. There are a lot of sticky threads at the top. You do have to request to be a part of that very professional/technical group on the subject but at a click of a button you can leave the group if it is not helpful or your cup of tea.

While I have been on this WOE for over three years with success on many levels (pain management was my only goal) I know it is not everyone's cup of tea. It is not magic but it can seem that way sometimes but there is science behind how it works if it works for you. Best of success.
  • megsbabes27
    megsbabes27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started the keto diet a little over a week ago.. i am already down 7 lbs.. im also just getting the hang of this app anf would love new friends to go through this with... so i really hope none of you mind me adding you lol... cause im about to :)
  • tonilaustin71
    tonilaustin71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto sort of today... tomorrow is the first full day! There are Keto free apps I used to calculate my macros and entered them into MFP Premium.
  • BabybabesT88
    Options
    Thank you ladies, I will deffinatly give the sweetener a try.