Having trouble getting off those last 12lbs.

Options
Those last 12 lbs. are hard to get off. I am losing 2 oz at a time and tough to break through those last problem areas. I am not sure if I need to lose all those last 12 lbs but I will decide 1 lb at a time. I am increasing exercise walking and my simply fit board is a life saver in the winter. I am going more to the gym and would like to finish getting those last lbs off by June of 2018.

Replies

• DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    Try a refeed.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Check out this thread. A diet break seems to be in order based on your description. If you don't want to watch the video or read all 70-something pages of responses, look for a recap on page 6 that should give you the basic information you need: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/ The general idea is that we mess with our hormones when we spend a long period in deficit, and the approach of pushing even harder for those last few pounds may be counterintuitive, whereas actually easing off and spending a couple of weeks eating at maintenance can actually result in us ultimately losing faster down the line.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I took a small break bc I was having trouble losing my last 10lbs....what I ended up doing is gaining 20 :(. Its not what I wanted to do but I feel ready to get back to it. I think a small break was just what I ultimately needed for me. I hope you find what works :)
  • hisamazinggirl
    hisamazinggirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You will get it :) just stay strong and don't get discouraged. I was to lose 15 more pounds. Goin slow but working on it.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Cut off an arm or leg.