Pregnant and want to continue MFP

Options
StefaniMerlo
StefaniMerlo Posts: 18 Member
I’m no longer interested in weight loss since I’m pregnant (yay)! But I love the accountability of using this app. I’m 150lbs. 5’3” and lightly active and in my first trimester - any suggestions for about how many calories I should shoot for?

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Maintenance. Baby is too small to be using massive amounts of calories. If you eat for two, you will gain for two. Which is why, nearly six years later (with some other stuff in between) I finally have my pre-baby number 2 weight in sight!!!!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I used mfp when I was pregnant to track my supplements and make sure I was getting enough protein.

In my first trimester I set calories to maintain. After that, I set it to gain a half pound a week. I’m 5’2”and weighed 100lbs when I got pregnant. Doctor said to gain only 20lbs. I still gained 40. Oops.

Since you are overweight already, I’d watch yourself carefully while pregnant. You really don’t need to gain that much. And with cravings, it’s easy to forget that. Maybe talk to a nutritionist to help with specific goals during your pregnancy.

Good luck.
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Maintain first trimester
    150-250 calories extra second trimester
    300-500 calories extra third trimester.

This all depends on your body weight already. If you're over weight be on the lower side of adding calories to your diet.

I'm pregnant as well and I've already gained like 8 lbs because I can't stop eating. I need some accountability. But I don't. I lost 50 lbs now I'm knocked up and eat everything in sight. Hahaha
  • StefaniMerlo
    Options
    Fortunately I know who baby daddy is, lol! And thanks for all the great advice! I’ll be looking to maintain this trimester ;)
  • MimiLaza
    MimiLaza Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm also pregnant I'm 5'3 154lbs I was at 152 when I got pregnant 7 weeks ago. I am not logging my food but I'll say I'm eating around 1800 to1900 right now. I'm still weighing myself and taking measurements.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    speaking from experience, i think your first concern should be finding out who the father is

Why would you assume that she doesn't know who the Father is? I think that question may speak more to you than her.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    speaking from experience, i think your first concern should be finding out who the father is

Why would you assume that she doesn't know who the Father is? I think that question may speak more to you than her.

Some people just need to be dbags. *shrug*

I think one of the things that makes MFP awesome is that it's built so you can use it during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Most weight loss programs recoil from you like you're a rotting thing in the back of the fridge once you're pregnant, and I think it's nice that MFP treats these very normal life situations as just that: normal.

Congratulations!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

:lol:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

friend request expedited.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

Methinks we need a 'sarcasm / just clowning around' font available for our use.

I see a lot of posts that might come off as snarky but are just intended as a goof; I reckon that her's is one of them.

No worries.

• StefaniMerlo
    Options
    MimiLaza wrote: »
    Congratulations! I'm also pregnant I'm 5'3 154lbs I was at 152 when I got pregnant 7 weeks ago. I am not logging my food but I'll say I'm eating around 1800 to1900 right now. I'm still weighing myself and taking measurements.

Congrats to you too! This is my third, I gained 40 the first time and 60 the second. I’m logging my food for accountability and because I tend to make better choices about which foods when I do that. I like that I can continue with this app to do that and to meet supportive people like you!
  • StefaniMerlo
    Options
    Maintain first trimester
    150-250 calories extra second trimester
    300-500 calories extra third trimester.

This all depends on your body weight already. If you're over weight be on the lower side of adding calories to your diet.

I'm pregnant as well and I've already gained like 8 lbs because I can't stop eating. I need some accountability. But I don't. I lost 50 lbs now I'm knocked up and eat everything in sight. Hahaha

Your body is doing this amazing thing!! If you’re hungry there’s a reason for it!