New in PNW

Options
Hi there -
I am relatively new here, at least to the boards, since you can't access them from the smartphone... But I like the boards and have seen some great topics, so...

I am 43 years old and live in Portland, OR. I am a mom of three (6, 8, 10) and I have lost quite a bit of weight before coming to MYFITNESSPAL (over 175lbs) but I am getting into the home stretch and need a little extra help. I have about 60 lbs to go to meet my goal weight.

I have some health issues that have slowed me down in the past and am looking forward to this as a way of keeping me on track.

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Replies

• methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me as a friend.
    I am a Portland girl trapped in Arizona until November.
    I am raising my granddaughter (21 months) and have another 65 lbs to go myself...

Happy to help encourage you as much as you need.
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm a PNWester myself! I am loving the weather we have had lately. Makes it a lot easier to get outside and move!
  • CaliGirlinOR
    Options
    I have been on crutches since June 4 - and I have about another month.... But yes, the weather is fabulous!
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Seattle here. Welcome....
  • CaliGirlinOR
    Options
    You get lots more rain than us, further south. What do you do for cardio when the rains start up?
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    You get lots more rain than us, further south. What do you do for cardio when the rains start up?

It's way to hot here in AZ (especially for an Oregonian such as myself) to exercise outside.
    I often use Leslie Sansone's walk DVD's. They were an awesome place for me to start.
    Now I am using Jillian's Ripped in 30, which kills me, but I do it.

Leslie is fantastic though. You should check her out
  • CaliGirlinOR
    Options
    Thanks -I will see if I can find it at a yard sale or library. I hope to be off the crutches by September... Its getting old...

I am scared of Jillian...
  • Lashley01
    Lashley01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in Tacoma! Great to see some PNWers.