How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Hello, whenever I feel very light and fit, I also feel like I should weigh myself and I think it is very demotivating. How often do you weigh yourself and is there any specific time of the day you do that? Thanks!

Replies

• jwnicola
    Options
    i weigh myself first thing when i get up in the morning. Ive heard supposedly that this is your true weight without the effects of the daily grind. Plus most the food you have ate has been digested.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly after going to the bathroom and before eating without any clothes on.
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself too often because I get discouraged if I don't see a loss.
    At the moment I've binned the scale till September and then I'm probably going to start weighing myself once a week.
  • christina000
    Options
    Never. I am not focusing on weight at all in this journey, but rather how I feel, how much more my body can endure, and a lifestyle. Numbers get me all confuzzled and stuff, and I really am staying away fro that this time around.
  • Lauren_Whitney
    Lauren_Whitney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning, with no clothes on. I also weigh myself at night to see how much water weight I gained that day. Its usually a lot, but its gone by morning.
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I do it a couple of times a week in the morning after I use the RR. I too hear it's your true weight. I used to do it once a week but I find that if I do it several times I then determine whether I need to workout/eat better.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am trying to weigh myself only once a week.....but not very successfully. Every time I am near the scale I want to get on. I've even had the hubby take it away so I'd stop doing that.
  • RMJC
    RMJC Posts: 5
    Options
    Once a week. Always on Wed. (seems more like the middle of the week for me). First thing in the morning is the best time, right after I've emptied my bladder. : ) The numbers seem to be the most accurate. IMO
  • duke520
    duke520 Posts: 30
    Options
    Once a week. Naked. Morning. After the bathroom. Use it as a guide and don't put too much stock into it. Muscle to fat ratio will start going up and you're going to stay the same weight but everything will start fitting better. Go for fat percentage. That's way more accurate cuz it's only going to go down if you're doin work! :)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning, no clothes on, after bathroom, no water or breakfast beforehand.

I check in my weight if I've reached a new low OR if I have not reached a new low in 7 days.
  • DaniU617
    DaniU617 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Only weigh yourself once a week! If you weigh yourself everyday you will get discouraged. Your weight changes from a day to day basis. Also defintely weigh yourself in the morning. That is when you are at your TRUE weight. This is because you do not have any food in your body and are rested (hopefully). Good Luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you would like. Always great to have more supprt and friends.
  • plummersmate
    Options
    I weigh every week or two, depending on how I feel. If I think I've cheated and won't have lost anything I wait another week. That way I can't be too disappointed and get demotivated. I weigh first thing in the morning. I also tend to measure different points around my body as this can sometimes show better results.

I also have to admit that if I don't like the reading on the scales, I have been know to move the scales around the bathroom to see if I get a different reading. How sad is that!! Lol
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after using the bathroom and before breakfast.
  • laitae
    laitae Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies! It is nice reading how you feel about all this:)
  • laitae
    Options
    I weigh every week or two, depending on how I feel. If I think I've cheated and won't have lost anything I wait another week. That way I can't be too disappointed and get demotivated. I weigh first thing in the morning. I also tend to measure different points around my body as this can sometimes show better results.

I also have to admit that if I don't like the reading on the scales, I have been know to move the scales around the bathroom to see if I get a different reading. How sad is that!! Lol

Hahaha, you are not the only one! I also move scales around the bathroom to see if results are different :)
  • maews
    maews Posts: 39
    Options
    Hello, i'am new,nice to meet you all,i prefer not to weigh myself too often and become obssesed with the scale....i have done that in the past.....I'm just stated going to the gym and may get discouraged if i gain a pd ot two and mistake it for fat when it may be muscle.At any rate,i prefer to weigh in every 2 weeks or more....i hope to go by measurements and inches and see how that is going first,than if there is a loss and my clothes are feeling looser that i know the exercise is working.....and i have burned up calories.Thin is not my motive anymore but getting fit is and feeling better! Good luck to all here!
  • laitae
    Options
    Only weigh yourself once a week! If you weigh yourself everyday you will get discouraged. Your weight changes from a day to day basis. Also defintely weigh yourself in the morning. That is when you are at your TRUE weight. This is because you do not have any food in your body and are rested (hopefully). Good Luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you would like. Always great to have more supprt and friends.

Thanks! Certainly weighing in the morning is way more motivating than weighing after a day throughout you might have sinned or not worked out a lot. Yes, I'm new to this website, still trying to see how the whole thing works. So far I've found it very useful and I'm thrilled about the amount of support that is going on here, no negativity!
  • laitae
    Options
    Once a week. Naked. Morning. After the bathroom. Use it as a guide and don't put too much stock into it. Muscle to fat ratio will start going up and you're going to stay the same weight but everything will start fitting better. Go for fat percentage. That's way more accurate cuz it's only going to go down if you're doin work! :)

Thanks! Although I have not lost too much, I already feel much better in my skin. Today in a fitting room I actually liked what I saw in the mirror. This is so true, clothes definitely seem to fit better. Lots of smiles to you!
  • maews
    maews Posts: 39
    Options
    I agree