I need help please

Options
Working out 5 days a week

1) jumping jacks
2) lunges
3) planks
4) squats
5)push-ups

I know to complete 3sets, but I'm not sure on how many reps I should do.. can someone help me??

Replies

• ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Do more than last time.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    What is your goal? Do them until you feel you cannot do anymore.

As in if you can only do 5 pushups for 3 reps then do that until you can do them easily then added a few more.

Ultimately are you trying to gain muscle? Weight training would help more with that
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    So you're doing almost exactly the same workout as me: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

They recommend starting at:
    20 bodyweight squats
    10 push ups
    20 walking lunges – 10 each leg
    10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon milk jug or another weight)
    15 second plank
    30 jumping jacks

But they also don't recommend doing it on sequential days, so you'd be looking at 2-4 times a week max.
  • Lyricjeremiah23711
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    What is your goal? Do them until you feel you cannot do anymore.

As in if you can only do 5 pushups for 3 reps then do that until you can do them easily then added a few more.

Ultimately are you trying to gain muscle? Weight training would help more with that

Actually I'm trying to loose weight, can I still use this plan.
  • Lyricjeremiah23711
    Options
    So you're doing almost exactly the same workout as me: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

20 bodyweight squats
    10 push ups
    15 second plank
    30 jumping jacks

But they also don't recommend doing it on sequential days, so you'd be looking at 2-4 times a week max.

Wow, this sounds like something I can do lunges are actually hard for me
  • Lyricjeremiah23711
    Options
    Do more than last time.

So start of slow, here what I can do.
    1) jumping jacks 30reps x2
    2) lunges
    3) planks 15sec.
    4) squats 35reps x2
    5)push-ups(wall pushups about 15)
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Do more than last time.

So start of slow, here what I can do.
    1) jumping jacks 30reps x2
    2) lunges
    3) planks 15sec.
    4) squats 35reps x2
    5)push-ups(wall pushups about 15)

Great! Now just keep adding reps over the next weeks/months. It doesn't have to be systematic, but it could (add as many reps as you can vs. adding a set number of reps each session). The goal is to just do more reps than last time. Then eventually you can change the exercise to a more challenging movement (wall push-up to a bench push-up).
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options

20 bodyweight squats
    10 push ups
    15 second plank
    30 jumping jacks

Wow, this sounds like something I can do lunges are actually hard for me

Yeah, right now I can only do a lunge with my hand on a support, and I've graduated from wall push-ups to incline push-ups on the stairs, but hey, that's just room to improve! (I think I've managed an 11 second plank before my knees collapsed...). It's a pretty good workout at my current level.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Actually I'm trying to loose weight, can I still use this plan.

as far as calorie burn, anything you do is 'every little bit helps', but i wouldn't count on it to be a massive player in your daily-deficit plans.

the benefit is more that as you get stronger, more flexible and better conditioned, you'll probably just move more, period. it's more of a gateway, but it's amazing where things can lead to if you stick with them.