New to tracking calories

Options
So far, so good. It isn't complicated at all. Once I get into the habit of eating the right things, I'm good. I've been tracking every calorie burning activity (including sleep), and found out that you also burn .42 calories per pound for one hour of sleep, so I'm doing that and consuming enough food to replenish the calories to start the day. I love science!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If your calorie goal comes from MFP, be aware that all your daily activities (including sleep) are already accounted for in your calorie goal. So if you're logging activities like sleeping as activity, you'll be double-dipping and eating more than you need.

I'm not sure where you got your calorie goal from, so disregard if this doesn't fit your situation.
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I think a lot of people think it's complicated and it can be if you over think things, just make sure you have a food scale, measuring cup and spoons and you're good to go.

you burn calories from doing everyday simple actives, even blinking that's crazy to me sometimes

I've never tracked the calories I burned or ate back the ones I lost during exercise, I'll admit I never felt comfortable doing that but it's seems to work perfectly for others